Which free antivirus will you prefer to use with win 10?

View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows Defender

    97 61.01%
  • Avast

    26 16.35%
  • Avira

    5 3.14%
  • Anything else (mention please)

    31 19.50%
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Linux Mint
       #121

    BunnyJ said:
    Looks like I found the first compatibility issue.
    Avast will not run in Win10 so I'll use Defender for now.
    I tried to get Defender to run on 9926, and couldnt get it work, same with Kaspersky.... :-(
    Were you able to get Defender to install?
      My Computer

  2. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,374
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #122

    yuricuri said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Looks like I found the first compatibility issue.
    Avast will not run in Win10 so I'll use Defender for now.
    I tried to get Defender to run on 9926, and couldnt get it work, same with Kaspersky.... :-(
    Were you able to get Defender to install?
    Defender is there anyway, there's nothing to install. It may be disabled by some third party AV and not returned to active state after AV was uninstalled.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Linux Mint
       #123

    CountMike said:
    yuricuri said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Looks like I found the first compatibility issue.
    Avast will not run in Win10 so I'll use Defender for now.
    I tried to get Defender to run on 9926, and couldnt get it work, same with Kaspersky.... :-(
    Were you able to get Defender to install?
    Defender is there anyway, there's nothing to install. It may be disabled by some third party AV and not returned to active state after AV was uninstalled.
    You were right, it was just disabled. My bad. :-s
      My Computer

  4. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #124

    yuricuri said:
    CountMike said:
    yuricuri said:
    BunnyJ said:
    Looks like I found the first compatibility issue.
    Avast will not run in Win10 so I'll use Defender for now.
    I tried to get Defender to run on 9926, and couldnt get it work, same with Kaspersky.... :-(
    Were you able to get Defender to install?
    Defender is there anyway, there's nothing to install. It may be disabled by some third party AV and not returned to active state after AV was uninstalled.
    You were right, it was just disabled. My bad. :-s
    Yup, it just starts but it should show you that it's on when you install/update or upgrade, now that would be nice.

    PS, and I tried Kaspersky and it's not ready for Win10 yet.
      My Computer

  5. Kesto's Avatar
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #125

    I use McaFee but I wished I'd use a different one coz im sick and tired of it.
      My Computer

  6. Winuser's Avatar
    Posts : 6,996
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #126

    Windowsnoob61 said:
    I use McaFee but I wished I'd use a different one coz im sick and tired of it.
    Try Windows Defender. I'm using it on Windows 10 and so far it's working better than I expected. I use Eset Smart Security on my Win 8.1 computers. I still haven't decided if I'll renew my subscription to Eset when it runs out.
      My Computers

  7. Kesto's Avatar
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #127

    Winuser said:
    Try Windows Defender. I'm using it on Windows 10 and so far it's working better than I expected. I use Eset Smart Security on my Win 8.1 computers. I still haven't decided if I'll renew my subscription to Eset when it runs out.
    Ok thnx.
      My Computer

  8. Winuser's Avatar
    Posts : 6,996
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #128

    MS is very good at keeping the definitions for Widows Defender updated.
      My Computers

  9. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,728
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #129

    Winuser said:
    MS is very good at keeping the definitions for Widows Defender updated.
    I've been getting at least one a day for the past week or so.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 55
    Win 10 preview
       #130

    I just use defender and supplement with the free versions of malwarebytes and superantispyware and update and manual scan every couple weeks.
      My Computer


 
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums