Possible monitored email and system keeps being hacked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 161
    windows 10 anniversary ed
       #1

    Possible monitored email and system keeps being hacked


    Note: several months ago, a friend repaired my Windows 10 profile and uninstalled Zone Alarm. Windows defender was active, but I decided to install the updated zone alarm and deactivate windows defender. Soon after, when I came out of sleep mode, some folders had been opened that werenít previously open. Zone alarm support said that is impossible, so I thought I might be mistaken. Later, I moved and hadnít had internet working one day, so I tried blue tooth, and was clearly hacked, as there was interference on my desktop. Later, I saw the same issue with things opened after coming out of safe mode. Recently, I went to my room, and indesign was open with a new file opened, and two map tabs on edge with longitude and latitude, the Windows mail app open, some Microsoft account app opening with google showing and Microsoft. Whoever accessed my computer was also fighting me. I did not know how to stop them as I am not a hacker or programmer. Later in the evening, I was in sleep mode, and right after going to it, it constantly went out of it to the lock screen. At first I thought I bumped the mouse, until I went to airplane mode, then tried to go to sleep mode, and some menu was opened. I want to note that yesterday, also a map program has been opened by whomever hacked my laptop. Is anyone familiar with this? I want to stop it. I am running malware bytes in safe mode, but it isnít finding anything.

    Also, recently two people sent emails to my correct email address, but they had to resend the emails. Another email that I kept checking for on Wednesday and Thursday, didnít show up until Friday, but Friday it said it was sent and received on Friday.

    I would like to know how these things might happen and how to stop them.
      My Computer

  2. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,453
    windows 10
       #2

    We need to get info to see if you have malware download Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

    Get the right 32 or 64 bit file run it and it will produce 2 files post both files
      My Computer

  3. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 25,075
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #3

    I would wipe system disk and start over with clean install.

    Also change your email passwords (at email provider). Same with any other important password, including forums etc.

    Just save your working files (doc, pictures etc)
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 161
    windows 10 anniversary ed
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Is that safe? I read that Windows defender registers it as not, and sometimes it gets stuck in a loop:
    Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

    - - - Updated - - -

    AndreTen said:
    I would wipe system disk and start over with clean install.

    Also change your email passwords (at email provider). Same with any other important password, including forums etc.

    Just save your working files (doc, pictures etc)
    Nobody has sent any email using my accounts, it just has delayed incoming email. The other thing shows somone keeps opening things even when in sleep mode. I have replied with a link about that tool. I am skeptical. I want to see if there is another way, as this stuff didnít happen prior to fixing my profile or getting zone alarm reinstalled. I think it is strange. I noticed that in safe mode, it does not appear to be hacked. But whoever did it, can bypass airplane mode. But no malware was found by malware bytes.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 5
    Mostly Win 10
       #5

    1. Change email passwords of email accounts from another PC. Internet cafť maybe..
    2. Format reinstall.
    3. Test

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait... do you have a cat?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 161
    windows 10 anniversary ed
    Thread Starter
       #6

    0Kab3 said:
    1. Change email passwords of email accounts from another PC. Internet cafť maybe..
    2. Format reinstall.
    3. Test

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait... do you have a cat?
    Well, nobody has sent emails on my account; it is just that people are delayed in sending them to me. That seems strange to me. Also on my laptop, they go out slower, but that might be WiFi in the room. My dad is installing VPN. Do you think that will help? He said none of their computers were hacked. I really think all this started after my profile was repaired. I donít know if reverting to old zone alarm would help. I donít know if someone installed anything from a back door. But I did think something looked strange in the processes.
      My Computer


  7. Pejole2165's Avatar
    Posts : 853
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    Apart from the other advice already offered above, I would see if there is a reset to defaults button on your router/ modem, if there is then reset it, then turn it off for at least 10 seconds, turn it on, enter the setup page/ utility and change the Admin password.
    Also as a test you could disable all internet connectivity on your machine for a few days and see if the same issues occur. The question above about a cat is particularly valid, many times I have re entered the room to find my cat curled up on my keyboard with several random Windows open and apps started.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,062
    10 + Linux
       #8

    Wireless keyboard and mouse at the end of life region do have similar behaviors and side effects are not the same in Linux. If you have such combo, try another set if you can.

    Borrow one from a neighbor or friend with the USB key.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 161
    windows 10 anniversary ed
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Pejole2165 said:
    Apart from the other advice already offered above, I would see if there is a reset to defaults button on your router/ modem, if there is then reset it, then turn it off for at least 10 seconds, turn it on, enter the setup page/ utility and change the Admin password.
    Also as a test you could disable all internet connectivity on your machine for a few days and see if the same issues occur. The question above about a cat is particularly valid, many times I have re entered the room to find my cat curled up on my keyboard with several random Windows open and apps started.
    No, I donít have a cat. I will suggest the password thing. However, do you think it is odd that my computer is the only device on this network that is being affected? Also, something I want to note is that there was two different passwords already that I have connected to. I wonít be specific how for security. It means that whomever has gotten in, got past two passwords.

    - - - Updated - - -

    MikeMecanic said:
    Wireless keyboard and mouse at the end of life region do have similar behaviors and side effects are not the same in Linux. If you have such combo, try another set if you can.

    Borrow one from a neighbor or friend with the USB key.
    I donít have wireless anything. I have a Wacom mouse that I use sometimes, but it got better after the bios update.
      My Computer

  10. Samuria's Avatar
    Posts : 6,453
    windows 10
       #10

    Did you do the scan from post 2 as that will give us facts in order to fix this without it we are guessing
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums