Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    20 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 pro

    Turn on windows security center service nagging message


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	32817
    Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the security center service; please, note that, on my PC, I am judge, jury and executioner, meaning I decide what stays on and off, at least I've always been so although now, with Windows 10, this has become somehow more difficult. So, yes, I have turned off the security center service because I don't need it and I don't want it! Furthermore, I most definitely don't want anyone reminding me about it!
    Now. I've tried disabling every possible notification I could find under the notification menu and the security center one; I've Googled for a solution but I haven't found anything: apparently, everybody loves this service. Well, I don't so, if anybody knows a way to get rid of that pestering message, please, be so kind as to share it.
    Thanks in advance, D.

    While I'm here, is it possible to obtain system privileges in Windows 10? I've tried the old trick with the cmd task but it doesn't work anymore: the cmd windows does open and with "system" as well but it's not interactive apparently.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by khayman; 20 Aug 2015 at 14:34.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Spring Valley
    Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate

    Sorry, chum, I have the same reservations about this, but it's basically impossible to shut that off. If you turn it off, you will be nagged to death about it. I used to do exactly what you are trying, but from Windows 7 up, it has become impossible to not run that service without substantial nagging.

    To get to the Admin Command Prompt, press Win+X and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)" - Under Windows 7 you could go to the "Run" panel and choose the "Run as Administrator" checkbox while entering "CMD", but that has all been changed because it's all there in the Win+X shortcut.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 120
    Windows 10 (duh)

    Manually disable the Action center icon from turn system icons on or off. And to actually disable notifications:
    Code:
    @reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell" /v UseActionCenterExperience /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    sc create ... type= own type= interact has been discontinued and no longer works. Use PAExec.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,737
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    I have managed to disable the message, I guess that with this one, but it also disables system tray icons:

    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "DisableNotificationCenter" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    20 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Florida
    Posts : 202
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by XweAponX View Post
    Sorry, chum, I have the same reservations about this, but it's basically impossible to shut that off. If you turn it off, you will be nagged to death about it. I used to do exactly what you are trying, but from Windows 7 up, it has become impossible to not run that service without substantial nagging.

    To get to the Admin Command Prompt, press Win+X and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)" - Under Windows 7 you could go to the "Run" panel and choose the "Run as Administrator" checkbox while entering "CMD", but that has all been changed because it's all there in the Win+X shortcut.
    I've never had any such problems before: I've always turned off this service: this notification has only appeared with Windows 10
    The command prompt (admin) doesn't actually give you system privileges, i.e. the account name is still mine; in Windows XP you could actually see your account name change to "system" and then, if you wanted to, you could have done everything in your os, really everything.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by AveYo View Post
    Manually disable the Action center icon from turn system icons on or off. And to actually disable notifications:
    Code:
    @reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell" /v UseActionCenterExperience /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    sc create ... type= own type= interact has been discontinued and no longer works. Use PAExec.
    I've already disabled the tray icon, it's amongst the first things I do on a new OS and, unfortunately, the registry hack doesn't work either; the message still appears.
    I'm not sure I understand how paexec works: I've downloaded it but it doesn't actually open...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    23 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by TairikuOkami View Post
    I have managed to disable the message, I guess that with this one, but it also disables system tray icons:

    reg add "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "DisableNotificationCenter" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    Sorry, I don't have that key in my regedit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regedit.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	33296
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Phoenix View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't. That is also one of the first things I do on a new OS, exactly because I hate useless notifications; at least, they're useless to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,737
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by khayman View Post
    Sorry, I don't have that key in my regedit
    You have to create it, enter the command to CMD as admin, it will do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
General Tips Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 Many Windows and third party apps and services request and use your device location information to provide you with convenient services, such as maps to help you get where you’re going or a...
Tutorials
Customization Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can turn on or off transparency effects for the Start, taskbar, and action center. This will also turn on or off the Fluent Design (acrylic) effects for Start and UWP...
Tutorials
Solved How can I disable ,,turn on windows security center service'' warning?
It shows up everytime the system boots . 27408
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Customization Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10
Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support for AutoColor which pulls the primary color from...
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums