Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.


  1. Posts : 24
    Win10 Pro
       #1

    Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.


    Running Win10 20H2. I use WPD to secure my system from MS telemetry. I have recently noticed that after disabling thru WPD the Device Management Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Push message Routing Service, on the next reboot, or sometimes during the session, that service is up and running again. I have tried command line disabling and also using the Services menu to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
      My Computer

  2. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 908
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #2

    For testing purposes both services disabled and remained disabled after reboot by using services.msc
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 24
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    zebal said:
    For testing purposes both services disabled and remained disabled after reboot by using services.msc
    Have had this happen. Just rebooted, still disabled. However, on first bootup next day, will be enabled.
      My Computer

  4. Jacee's Avatar
    Posts : 1,593
    Win 10 home 20H2 19042.928
       #4

    You don't give us enough information about the PC you're using.

    You could try following this: How To Disable Windows 10 Telemetry

    But, please fill out the requested specs Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.-sys-specs.jpg
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 24
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Jacee said:
    You don't give us enough information about the PC you're using.

    You could try following this: How To Disable Windows 10 Telemetry

    But, please fill out the requested specs Cannot Disable Win10 Telemetry Svc: Device Management Wireless Appli.-sys-specs.jpg
    Windows 10 Pro 20HQ

    Followed all the steps , again disabled, and sure enough it turned itself back on in a few minutes. Happens on all three machines, 20HQ 2 Pros and 1 Home. Also happening on a friend's Home.
      My Computer

  6. TairikuOkami's Avatar
    Posts : 4,697
    Windows Home Dev 21xxx x64
       #6

    For the record, that service is used for Windows notifications, not sure why privacy tools try to disable it.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 24
    Win10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #7

    TairikuOkami said:
    For the record, that service is used for Windows notifications, not sure why privacy tools try to disable it.
    if you Google this service, you will see Win10 privacy gurus strongly recommend disabling it.
      My Computer

  8. zebal's Avatar
    Posts : 908
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 (Build: 19042.867)
       #8

    Disabling this service is not supported for Home, Pro etc., you can control it in Enterprise and Server editions.

    DiagTrack service "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry" can be control either in Settings app, services.msc or trough GPO, but none of the options allows disabling it completely on consumer grade editions.

    Sniggler said:
    if you Google this service, you will see Win10 privacy gurus strongly recommend disabling it.
    Those are not gurus but sceptics, because if they're gurus then they should at least be able to explain why it doesn't work.

    The only real reason why you may want to stop this service is when you read MS privacy policy and you do not agree to share data according to that policy.

    There may be hacks to disable service and may introduce problems with system, however the easiest way to deal with that is to define firewall rule that will block this service from access to internet, and there is nothing bad with this approach.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums