Cant download Microsoft Store Apps


  1. Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.844)
       #1

    Cant download Microsoft Store Apps


    Hello, I Cant download Microsoft Store Apps after I clean Installed my latest windows 10 version 21H1. The reason is because I have Avast Premium installed and use its Firewall. I have Windows Defender Completely Disabled and besides Avast overtakes the Firewall service. So because of this I cant download Apps. How rediculoud is that. Stupid if you ask me..they just keep trying to control our use of customization and third party apps because they want us to use Microsoft Only. Anyway I love Avast and have been using it for years and am not going to change. So does anyone know how I can download their apps, say a workaround for this to happen. Yes I know I can disable the Avast Firewall but I cant restart the windows firewall because its over ridden by Avast, what a pickle..lol..Im not going to Uninstall Avast just to download one or two Microsoft Apps. But I really want to use their XODO PDF Reader, I like it, so any help is appreciated. Thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 18,201
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19045.1806 (x64) [22H2]
       #2

    imanalien said:
    Hello, I Cant download Microsoft Store Apps after I clean Installed my latest windows 10 version 21H1. The reason is because I have Avast Premium installed and use its Firewall. I have Windows Defender Completely Disabled and besides Avast overtakes the Firewall service. So because of this I cant download Apps. How rediculoud is that. Stupid if you ask me..they just keep trying to control our use of customization and third party apps because they want us to use Microsoft Only. Anyway I love Avast and have been using it for years and am not going to change. So does anyone know how I can download their apps, say a workaround for this to happen. Yes I know I can disable the Avast Firewall but I cant restart the windows firewall because its over ridden by Avast, what a pickle..lol..Im not going to Uninstall Avast just to download one or two Microsoft Apps. But I really want to use their XODO PDF Reader, I like it, so any help is appreciated. Thanks



    You need to make an exception in the Avast firewall, so Microsoft Store can do it's thing.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.844)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ghot said:
    You need to make an exception in the Avast firewall, so Microsoft Store can do it's thing.
    Ok but I was trying to do that but what file? I cnat find the Microsoft store app? Can you tell me where its located please
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 18,201
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19045.1806 (x64) [22H2]
       #4

    imanalien said:
    Ok but I was trying to do that but what file? I cnat find the Microsoft store app? Can you tell me where its located please



    I just tried to open MS store, and looked up what tried to access the internet through Bitdefender...

    Cant download Microsoft Store Apps-image1.png





    Code:
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.App.exe

    I don't know if your version number will be the same. (the 12011.1001.1.0 number)



    But you need to find WinStore.App.exe, and make an exception in your firewall for that program.







    /edit

    I just tried it, after letting WinStore.App.exe access the internet. It works. I looked for something free, and the first thing I found was Angry Birds, which it let me download.



    Just to test, I also searched the C:\ drive for... WinStore.App.exe , and only one turned up.
    And it was the right one.
    Last edited by Ghot; 14 Mar 2021 at 22:55.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 93
    Windows 10 pro 64 Bit Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.844)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Ghot said:
    I just tried to open MS store, and looked up what tried to access the internet through Bitdefender...

    Cant download Microsoft Store Apps-image1.png





    Code:
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_12011.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.App.exe

    I don't know if your version number will be the same. (the 12011.1001.1.0 number)



    But you need to find WinStore.App.exe, and make an exception in your firewall for that program.







    /edit

    I just tried it, after letting WinStore.App.exe access the internet. It works. I looked for something free, and the first thing I found was Angry Birds, which it let me download.



    Just to test, I also searched the C:\ drive for... WinStore.App.exe , and only one turned up.
    And it was the right one.
    Thanks Ill keep your answer handy, I suddenly had issues with my Windows going to a blue screen, had to clean install, so what i did was before i installed my Avast Premier I logged into the microsoft store, downloaded what i needed to be installed and everything went great. I then installed Avast and I feared I would be blocked again but Nope, i Updated all my Microsoft apps after install of Avast and it still works. IDK why it works this way but hey good to know for anyone having a similar issue.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 18,201
    Win 10 Home 10.0.19045.1806 (x64) [22H2]
       #6

    imanalien said:
    Thanks Ill keep your answer handy, I suddenly had issues with my Windows going to a blue screen, had to clean install, so what i did was before i installed my Avast Premier I logged into the microsoft store, downloaded what i needed to be installed and everything went great. I then installed Avast and I feared I would be blocked again but Nope, i Updated all my Microsoft apps after install of Avast and it still works. IDK why it works this way but hey good to know for anyone having a similar issue.


    It may have been a default setting that you changed before, which messed up the store.
    Re-installing Windows and Avast...probably fixed it.

    Glad you got it working.




    Now, while everything is working, it would be a great time to make a backup, with something like Macrium Reflect (free).
    That way, if anything does go wrong...just restore from a backup.

    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums