How to remove allowlucks.com?  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
       #1

    How to remove allowlucks.com?


    My nephew was using my computer during his 1 week visit.
    Now I have this disturbing pop up from Notification Area generated by allowlucks.com.
    Someone please show me how to eradicate this one.
    I went to Programs and Features. Not there.
    I have gone to Regedit hoping I can find it. Not there.
    I went to Programs Files from C drive. Not there.

    P.S. I do not have McAfee installed. I have been using Windows Defender exclusively for at least 3 years.
    One of the most annoying popups......
    How to remove allowlucks.com?-image-2.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 17,902
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 - Build 18363 Custom ISO Install
       #2

    Hello @davidhk,

    davidhk said:
    My nephew was using my computer during his 1 week visit.
    Now I have this disturbing pop up from Notification Area generated by allowlucks.com.
    Someone please show me how to eradicate this one.
    I went to Programs and Features. Not there.
    I have gone to Regedit hoping I can find it. Not there.
    I went to Programs Files from C drive. Not there.

    As a start . . .

    [1] I assume that you have performed a FULL AV and Malware scan?
    [2] Have you run ANY cleaners to clear out Temp files etc?
    [3] You could use the below and enter allowlucks for example to search for ANY instance of it on your OS . . .

     Everything - FREE

    Everything [ FREE ] is an extremely quick search engine that locates files and folders by filename instantly. Unlike Windows search, it initially displays every file and folder for which the criteria of the search matches.

    About Everything:

    • Small installation file.
    • Clean and simple user interface.
    • Quick file indexing.
    • Quick searching.
    • Minimal resource usage.
    • Share files with others easily.
    • Real-time updating.

    > Website & Download => Everything - VoidTools

    I hope this helps!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thank you for the response.
    To answer your top 2 questions:
    1.) I use Windows Defender ONLY. No other AVs installed.
    2.) Temp files have been removed using Internet Options. No effect. Still get the popups.

    I'll try the Everything tool you suggested in a minute.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Everything search tool does not find allowlucks.com.

    Back to square one.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 15,939
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3324
       #5

    David,

    Getting those notifications implies that there is an uninvited process running on your computer.

    As Paul asked, have you run a full & an offline Windows Defender scan?
    How to Scan with Windows Defender - TenForumsTutorials
    Windows Defender Offline Scan - TenForumsTutorials

    Denis
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Try3 said:
    David,

    Getting those notifications implies that there is an uninvited process running on your computer.

    As Paul asked, have you run a full & an offline Windows Defender scan?
    How to Scan with Windows Defender - TenForumsTutorials
    Windows Defender Offline Scan - TenForumsTutorials

    Denis
    I did a quick scan earlier.
    I am now doing a Full Scan with Windows Defender in Windows Security.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
    Thread Starter
       #7

    While the Full Scan is running, I have turned off Notification alerts completely. That stops the disgusting annoyance. For now.
    Last edited by davidhk; 19 Feb 2021 at 12:24.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 6,232
    22H2 64 Bit Pro
       #8

    I don't use edge but try launching edge then press [Ctrl+Shift+Del]

    Clear everything.

    Also remove notifications for that website:

    Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,452
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Callender said:
    I don't use edge but try launching edge then press [Ctrl+Shift+Del]

    Clear everything.

    Also remove notifications for that website:

    Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10
    Thank you.
    I am still waiting for Windows Defender full scan to finish.
    If problem still persists, I'll try your "Add or Remove Sites....." tutorial.

    Question to all.....
    I always have an Image Backup done each time a new Update installed.
    I have one done for 20H2 build 19042.804. That's before this issue arises.
    If I run that, will it remove the "uninvited guest"?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,604
    Win 10 home 20H2 19042.1110
       #10

    You might try running a free (one time) online scan with Eset ... ESET Online Scanner | ESET
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums