NEEDING SERIOUS HELP: Windows Defender Has Removed an App???

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 27,452
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #31

    If windows.old is present can you find missing exe file within.


    Think I would be rolling back to 1909.


    The cumulative update is not going to restore a file.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #32

    Caledon Ken said:
    If windows.old is present can you find missing exe file within.


    Think I would be rolling back to 1909.


    The cumulative update is not going to restore a file.
    Okay I just had a look in "C:\Windows.old\Program Files" but there's no mention of the Vuze folder...

    Is there something else I can do?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 27,452
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #33

    Look in program files(86).
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #34

    Caledon Ken said:
    Look in program files(86).
    Okay I just searched for "Azureus.EXE" in "Windows.old" but nothing came up...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 27,452
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #35

    Have you taken an image of your current install. I would as time is ticking.

    Once imaged you can try re-installing. If that alters in significant way you can restore.

    or once Imaged you can fall back to 1909. Not sure there is anything you need in V2004.


    Once you are whole you can plan a strategy to get V2004 later.


    What is this program for? With such complex setup does it not allow for config to be backed up?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,079
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #36

    NiceAndShy said:
    Thanks Callender!

    I'm following your instructions now.
    You're too slow. You have left it one week and risk the older shadow volume copies being deleted when new ones are created.

    If over-written then the option to recover deleted files or folders from within them is lost.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #37

    Callender said:
    You're too slow. You have left it one week and risk the older shadow volume copies being deleted when new ones are created.

    If over-written then the option to recover deleted files or folders from within them is lost.
    Sorry I tried to follow your instructions as quickly as I could as restoring "azureus.EXE" is my main focus in my life as it contains so many important files...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Caledon Ken said:
    Have you taken an image of your current install. I would as time is ticking.

    Once imaged you can try re-installing. If that alters in significant way you can restore.

    or once Imaged you can fall back to 1909. Not sure there is anything you need in V2004.


    Once you are whole you can plan a strategy to get V2004 later.


    What is this program for? With such complex setup does it not allow for config to be backed up?
    Thanks Caledon!

    I've been backing up my files by copying and pasting to an external USB HDD.

    How would it help if I went back to version 1909? Wouldn't that just take the Windows 10 System Files back to 1909 and still leave me without the "azureus.EXE" file?

    I'm still not sure if I should reboot my PC now and let Windows 10 finish installing the Cumulative June Update or would doing this make things worse???

    EDIT:
    I just checked the date "azureus.EXE" was removed and Windows Security under "Protection History" says it was deleted on "15/06/2020 5:11 PM" Does this help anyone?

    EDIT2:
    This problem of "azureus.EXE" being deleted really has put a strain on my mental health because it's such a serious problem...

    EDIT3:
    I've been browsing the Vuze Forums for answers but I'm not sure if Vuze is still being maintained?
    Link: Vuze Forums
    Last edited by NiceAndShy; 27 Jun 2020 at 02:59.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5,079
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #38

    So check the top level folders that you are interested in for "previous versions" and see what shows up.

    If versions before 15 June exist open them and move the files that you need.

    It only takes less than 30 seconds to check.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #39

    Callender said:
    So check the top level folders that you are interested in for "previous versions" and see what shows up.

    If versions before 15 June exist open them and move the files that you need.

    It only takes less than 30 seconds to check.
    Where and how can I check the "top level folders" for "previous versions" that you mention?

    Thanks for your reply Callender!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5,079
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #40
    Last edited by Callender; 27 Jun 2020 at 07:32. Reason: typo
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums