NEEDING SERIOUS HELP: Windows Defender Has Removed an App???

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    NavyLCDR said:
    Create a new local user account:
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

    Give it admin privileges:
    Change Account Type in Windows 10

    Login in to the new user account created. Re-install Vuze using that account. That should get the program back without messing with the settings established in your regular user account.

    It appears as if the user defined settings are stored in %appdata%\Azureus
    Thanks, I'm looking in "appdata\roaming\azureus" now.

    Is there another possibility for me to be able to make the Azureus.EXE file re-appear as it was before?

    Is there another command I can use to check the quarantine for the Azureus.EXE file?

    How can Azureus.EXE not be in the quarantine when I only installed the Windows 10 2004 Update a few days ago?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 78
    Windows 10 Pro
       #12

    Although this link describes how to UNINSTALL Vuze/Azureus, it suggests that the information you are looking to preserve is not lost with the deletion of azureus.exe. Check it out.

    Uninstalling Azureus - VuzeWiki
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    WinTenUser said:
    Although this link describes how to UNINSTALL Vuze/Azureus, it suggests that the information you are looking to preserve is not lost with the deletion of azureus.exe. Check it out.

    Uninstalling Azureus - VuzeWiki
    Thanks, I'm looking at the link now.

    Surely there must be a way for me to just recover the "azureus.EXE" file though?

    This problem has been so hard for me...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,087
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #14

    Right click the folder and see if there's an option to revover previous versions of it. (Only if shadow copies are enabled)

    Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 439
    Windows 10
       #15

    NiceAndShy said:
    Your reply is much appreciated!

    But how can I get the file back as it was on my Windows 10 PC earlier?

    I really need the Vuze .EXE file.
    Did you try to restore the file from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > App & browser control > Reputation-based protection settings?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 161
    Windows 10
       #16

    The changes made after Windows Defender takes action should not be permanent. Therefore you can revert the changes by adding exceptions and restoring the files that have been removed. I stopped using Azereus a while ago after they got taken over. I can't remember exactly but they began pushing additional software in installation and I believe there was a substantial drop in users after these changes. If your P2P application is being flagged by antivirus then you've got issues. Antivirus won't flag P2P clients just because they are known to download illegal stuff and therefore more likely to also be linked to malware. And this is where lots of people get confused. It's rarely the application. The applications themselves are usually clean and well packaged. Unless of course, they aren't. And then you'll get issues like this. It's not uncommon for developers to sell out and have their software bundled with crap. It's happens a lot with lots of originally really good software. They might throw in suspicious stuff that gets picked up by antivirus. What it could be could be anything. It's rarely really harmful. Moreover it's annoying stuff like bunded software you didn't want and/or stuff that does shady things in the background like collecting information etc.

    Or, it could be the traffic going through the torrent client. And your antivirus has picked it up and instead of dealing with the threat individually has dealt with the program sending and receiving the data.

    Maybe try another client. There are many free and open source solutions out there. qBittorrent is a good example. Transmission is another, as is Deluge.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Callender said:
    Right click the folder and see if there's an option to revover previous versions of it. (Only if shadow copies are enabled)

    Restore Previous Versions of Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10
    Okay I'm looking at this now!

    I just hope it works because I use this app so much...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anibor said:
    Did you try to restore the file from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > App & browser control > Reputation-based protection settings?
    Thanks for your reply!

    I've opened "Reputation Based Protection", but I'm not sure what I need to open now???
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,568
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #18

    supermammalego said:
    The changes made after Windows Defender takes action should not be permanent. Therefore you can revert the changes by adding exceptions and restoring the files that have been removed. I stopped using Azereus a while ago after they got taken over. I can't remember exactly but they began pushing additional software in installation and I believe there was a substantial drop in users after these changes. If your P2P application is being flagged by antivirus then you've got issues. Antivirus won't flag P2P clients just because they are known to download illegal stuff and therefore more likely to also be linked to malware. And this is where lots of people get confused. It's rarely the application. The applications themselves are usually clean and well packaged. Unless of course, they aren't. And then you'll get issues like this. It's not uncommon for developers to sell out and have their software bundled with crap. It's happens a lot with lots of originally really good software. They might throw in suspicious stuff that gets picked up by antivirus. What it could be could be anything. It's rarely really harmful. Moreover it's annoying stuff like bunded software you didn't want and/or stuff that does shady things in the background like collecting information etc.

    Or, it could be the traffic going through the torrent client. And your antivirus has picked it up and instead of dealing with the threat individually has dealt with the program sending and receiving the data.

    Maybe try another client. There are many free and open source solutions out there. qBittorrent is a good example. Transmission is another, as is Deluge.
    TOTALLY this! ^ ^
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 657
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Thanks for your reply!

    I just got a reminder from Windows 10 Pro to finish installing the Cumulative Update June 2020 by doing a restart of the PC.

    Should I restart or will this only make things worse for me?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 5,087
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #20

    NiceAndShy said:
    I've opened "Reputation Based Protection", but I'm not sure what I need to open now???
    You're looking in the wrong place. You need to look for the folder that contained the original .exe (not any quarantine location) and if the folder is missing you need to look in the folder which is the next level up.



    So look in:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming

    open previous versions and restore Azureus folder.

    Look in:
    C:\Program Files\Azureus) or C:\Program Files\Vuze

    If not present check C:\Program Files\

    then look for those subfolders.

    Then look in:
    C:\Users\Usernam\AppData\Roaming

    Look for the folder Azureus

    RE: The above folder locations. You need to right click then select "Restore previous versions" if present.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums