MS Antimalware Platform 4.18.2001.6 only on one PC

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.   My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,102
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #52

    Got that platform update back on 6/27 via WU.

    MS Antimalware Platform 4.18.2001.6 only on one PC-2020-07-04_09h49_16.png
      My Computers

  3. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,447
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #53

    Good day.

    4.18.2007.4 seems to be out (on Windows Update). It's not on MS catalog yet.
      My Computer

  4. Crizal's Avatar
    Posts : 1,331
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #54

    eLPuSHeR said:
    Good day.

    4.18.2007.4 seems to be out (on Windows Update). It's not on MS catalog yet.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've seen it take days, and occasionally weeks, before a new antimalware platform update makes it to the MS Update Catalog. I find out about it because there's usually someone here who gets it early via WU. I probably won't see it on WU for some time -- at least that's the way it's been working in my case.
      My Computer

  5. eLPuSHeR's Avatar
    Posts : 2,447
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter
       #55

    Hello.

    Yes, I guess it's MS' way of testing things.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #56

    Hi,
    Dose anyone have the KB4052623 x64 (Antimalware platform) update v4.18.2007.4?
    On my x86 i get this update but on my x64 i only get the old update v4.18.2006.10.
      My Computer

  7. Crizal's Avatar
    Posts : 1,331
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #57

    Jeff88 said:
    Hi,
    Dose anyone have the KB4052623 x64 (Antimalware platform) update v4.18.2007.4?
    On my x86 i get this update but on my x64 i only get the old update v4.18.2006.10.
    I'm still on 4.18.2006.10. The new update, as of this writing, is not yet on the Microsoft Update Catalog and it can take some time before it shows up. I just wait for these updates to come in via Windows Update.
      My Computer

  8. Farvatten's Avatar
    Posts : 644
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 19042.928
       #58

    Jeff88 said:
    Hi,
    Dose anyone have the KB4052623 x64 (Antimalware platform) update v4.18.2007.4?
    On my x86 i get this update but on my x64 i only get the old update v4.18.2006.10.
    Starting at Post #26 there's some discussion of a Registry Tweak that will push Defender Platforms ahead of schedule. If I had to guess your x86 machine already has this registry key while the x64 doesn't.

    How this key gets naturally generated is currently under discussion.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 92
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit (Insider Builds)
       #59

    Farvatten said:
    Starting at Post #26 there's some discussion of a Registry Tweak that will push Defender Platforms ahead of schedule. If I had to guess your x86 machine already has this registry key while the x64 doesn't.
    If you change number 3 to number 2 in the registry key adding command it will work in current x64 build. at least worked to me.
      My Computer

  10. Farvatten's Avatar
    Posts : 644
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 20H2 19042.928
       #60

    Warre1 said:
    If you change number 3 to number 2 in the registry key adding command it will work in current x64 build. at least worked to me.
    Thanks for this update! I see now that the value 2 is consistent with what @Grom0X noted in Post #41 a month ago.

    Currently after my clean install of 2004 wiped out these registry keys, I'm waiting to see if and when they get added back. After 1909 it appeared to take place between 4 and 6 weeks of that clean install guessing that it's being tied to some 'seeker' behavior of repeated user initiated definition updates and/or manual scans.
      My Computers


 
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums