How to check for malware?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #11

    paulyjustin said:
    Count mike. You are saying if you buy a charging usb cable... then you connect it to the usb port of the powerbank, the connect the other end to like my iphone, there is 0 way any malware can transfer to the iphone?


    If so, can you post a link of exactly which cable you are talking about? I googled this on amazon and found some usb charging cables but why are both ends not the same size?
    Just like I said, charging cables have only 2 wires, just for power, no data can go thru it, malware is data, ergo no malware even if you wanted to. What USB connector is on the battery side, that's the cable to get. Just keep it short as possible because that's only 5VDC and voltage will drop at longer lengths.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 56,050
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #12

    My last post from one of your many other similar threads. Maybe you saw it, maybe not. Explains with a picture what Mike said. I really hope this helps.


    Can you get a virus/malware from powerbank?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,035
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd-...et_feature_div


    Is this what you meant by it? So if i buy this, that means whatever i connect to the dell powerbank such as an iphone, nothing could transfer to my iphone?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #14

    paulyjustin said:
    https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd-...et_feature_div


    Is this what you meant by it? So if i buy this, that means whatever i connect to the dell powerbank such as an iphone, nothing could transfer to my iphone?
    Didn't know it existed at all but yes, that would do the trick as it removes data wires.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,035
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #15

    CountMike said:
    Didn't know it existed at all but yes, that would do the trick as it removes data wires.


    Okay just to confirm... this protects against usb ports on the power bank right? But nothing is needed for the power cord as connecting it via power cord?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,483
    Win10 Pro
       #16

    More entertainment. This is good stuff!
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #17

    paulyjustin said:
    Okay just to confirm... this protects against usb ports on the power bank right? But nothing is needed for the power cord as connecting it via power cord?
    When there are no data wires, it can't be used for any data transfer from anything to anything. Only nice, clean 5VDC current.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 1,035
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    CountMike said:
    When there are no data wires, it can't be used for any data transfer from anything to anything. Only nice, clean 5VDC current.
    Hey Mike thanks for confirming. But you are saying its impossible for data wires to be hidden in something like this? This is a pretty big device if you look at it... its pretty darn large. It does not weigh that much though. I mean you could literally if you opened it up if you can... put a 1 dollar bill inside it and it might be close to fit...
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 19,209
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #19

    paulyjustin said:
    Hey Mike thanks for confirming. But you are saying its impossible for data wires to be hidden in something like this? This is a pretty big device if you look at it... its pretty darn large. It does not weigh that much though. I mean you could literally if you opened it up if you can... put a 1 dollar bill inside it and it might be close to fit...
    Possible yes but that would invalidate it's use, reason to exist and to be sold as such.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums