New Defender Antimalware Client Version

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,003
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #21

    sportsfan148 said:
    Windows Update has just downloaded the new Antimalware update. I checked Defender settings and it has been updated. So straight away I ran sfc /verifyonly. CBS log errors again! Ive looked at them and they are the same Windows Defender Powershell issues as before. I didn't reboot my PC before running sfc /verifyonly. Also, in my case I hadn't fixed the errors previously. I have just waited for Microsoft to release this antimalware update fix. I wonder if either of these things might be the problem? Should I have used DISM to fix the problem before the Antimalware engine got updated to this new version?
    f14tomcat said:
    Probably....yes. I doubt an update to the platform would fix any existing goofs. I had run an SFC prior and after, and both were clean.
    I agree with @f14tomcat. After the previous Antimalware update, I did the sfc /scannow and DISM stuff (which corrected integrity violations). Before getting the new update, I repeated sfc /scannow and DISM and everything was fine. After installation of new update, I repeated sfc /scannow and DISM and all remained good. You probably read the following link to MS on this issue and the new update is not supposed to flag the files that gave SFC issues.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...s-as-corrupted
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #22

    That's horrible. Mine is updated too, but not giving any indication it did something is really stupid.

    New Defender Antimalware Client Version-image.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 985
    Windows 10 Home 21H1
       #23

    f14tomcat said:
    Probably....yes. I doubt an update to the platform would fix any existing goofs. I had run an SFC prior and after, and both were clean.
    Thanks...I'll fix it with DISM. Hopefully then there will be no further issues with the Windows Defender Powershell hash mismatches again

    - - - Updated - - -

    Crizal said:
    I agree with @f14tomcat. After the previous Antimalware update, I did the sfc /scannow and DISM stuff (which corrected integrity violations). Before getting the new update, I repeated sfc /scannow and DISM and everything was fine. After installation of new update, I repeated sfc /scannow and DISM and all remained good. You probably read the following link to MS on this issue and the new update is not supposed to flag the files that gave SFC issues.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...s-as-corrupted
    Yeah..my understanding was that Microsoft were saying there was no need to do anything and there would be a fix coming through an antimalware update. That's why I didn't do a DISM, SFC. I just left it alone
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,003
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #24

    sportsfan148 said:
    Thanks...I'll fix it with DISM. Hopefully then there will be no further issues with the Windows Defender Powershell hash mismatches again

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah..my understanding was that Microsoft were saying there was no need to do anything and there would be a fix coming through an antimalware update. That's why I didn't do a DISM, SFC. I just left it alone
    You raise a very valid point. The MS document states the files creating the SFC issue are not flagged after the new update is installed. Therefore, even if one did not run DISM, SFC should not show integrity violations after the update went in. On the other hand, the way MS wrote the document, they refer to DISM after explaining the resolution. Kind of ambiguous and confusing because that could lead some to think they need to run DISM after installing the update. Now, if that's the case, then the next antimalware update should not have any issues with SFC. Fingers crossed.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 56,063
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #25

    I caught that MS double-speak, also. Guess it's open to interpretation, but my take on it is "not flagged" by this platform update means "we won't break things with this one, sorry. We promise not to touch those components again.". Never explicitly said "And we cleaned up the mess we made.". So, still think that if SFC /scannow is showing the errors after the update, just fix it with the DISM Broom, and all will be fine going forward.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #26

    Drako9 said:
    i tried the first 3 before

    as for the suggested, i couldnt find the "periodic scanning"
    also i dont use any other antivirus
    and as for kb2267602, that one i managed to install for some reason
    its just the kb4052623 that wont go

    EDIT: I GIVE UP, i just dont undestand how the heck windows work, after restarting my computer for like the 17th time, it just said it didnt had any new updates, and my windows defender is already at "Versão do Cliente Antimalware: 4.18.1908.7" wtf

    i am happy but wtf windows, at last try to explain me how you work

    also thx alot Crizal for trying to help me
    Hi there.
    I am responsible for three Windows Server installations. Two Server 2016 and one 2019. On all three this new Win Defender 4.18.1908.7 refuse to install. On Win 10 client, no problems, but on Servers - NO!

    << Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.1908.7). >>

    No third party antivirus and previous defender updates located in "new" path C:\ProgramData\... have worked.
    It seems like the directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.1908.7-0\ is created with the wrong permissions. Any clues anybody?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 3,003
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #27

    f14tomcat said:
    I caught that MS double-speak, also. Guess it's open to interpretation, but my take on it is "not flagged" by this platform update means "we won't break things with this one, sorry. We promise not to touch those components again.". Never explicitly said "And we cleaned up the mess we made.". So, still think that if SFC /scannow is showing the errors after the update, just fix it with the DISM Broom, and all will be fine going forward.
    Absolutely correct. Interpretation is the key because I read "not flagged" as meaning the files would be "ignored". Nothing said about files being repaired by the update. The user has to do that with DISM. And yes, after fixing, the issue should be resolved.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 56,063
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #28

    That part gave me a good chuckle!

    New Defender Antimalware Client Version-2019-09-18_09h32_05.png
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 11,390
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706
       #29

    Fredrik said:
    << Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.1908.7). >>
    If that was from trying to install the KB update note that you can also get the update simply by using the update facility within WD - when you tell it to update definitions it will also update the WD version if a new one if available.

    Denis
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #30

    Try3 said:
    If that was from trying to install the KB update note that you can also get the update simply by using the update facility within WD - when you tell it to update definitions it will also update the WD version if a new one if available.

    Denis
    Thanks but that give the exact same error. Definitions installations is no problem though - not other updates either so it is something special with this update not working on Servers.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums