Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Rickerz's Avatar
    Posts : 37
    Windows 10 (ver 1809)
    Thread Starter
       #11

    thomaseg1 said: View Post
    Thanks ,Glary utilities does have a n start up control from which you can delete them.
    Attachment 245943
    Attachment 245944

    Glary Utilities - Download | Glarysoft
    Downloaded and Ran Glary... Removed all nine "Avinash" crap... to no use, the came back as soon I check back the start-up list... Have you checked this sw yourself? perhaps it's useful to remove a non malignant entry.. but not for this Avinash crap...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 4,565
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
       #12

    Did you reboot?
    You need to run a antivirus scan , as the others suggested not just Hitman pro as this seems
    Deeply embedded.

    Malewarebytes works well and eset is very good , I use it from time to time myself.

    Do you have a backup, in case none of the other's suggestions work.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,844
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #13

    Hi folks

    again although a bit late for the OP -- PLEASE guys ensure you have nice clean system backups -- these days with free imaging software (a lot of people on these forums use Macrium Free) and cheap fast SSD's - surely it's worth 10 - 15 mins backing up regularly and then if your machine does become infected spending hours on the net messing around with "uninstallers" and "Virus removers" which may / may not work 100%. You can 100% guarantee that a restore from a clean image will always be totally effective.

    I simply can't understand why so many people can't be bothered with such an easy process to backup their pc's regularly which takes just minutes and then tie themselves into knots when their machine becomes riddled with malware which they have mega problems in removing.

    I'd love to tell anybody who finds malware on their machine and doesn't have a backup to say "tough -- re-install Windows" which is what they deserve -- but I'm not like that really. Honestly people BACKUP COMPUTERS REGULARLY - it doesn't take long.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Rickerz's Avatar
    Posts : 37
    Windows 10 (ver 1809)
    Thread Starter
       #14

    thomaseg1 said: View Post
    Thanks ,Glary utilities does have a n start up control from which you can delete them.
    Attachment 245943
    Attachment 245944

    Glary Utilities - Download | Glarysoft
    Glary, simply disables the startup items, something my 5 year old son can do on the fly, I wanted the apps ( Avinash) removed period. I did search Regedit , and located the malware, fear of blowing up the registry I simply renamed them, and it did work. If by any chance somehow the malware process calls up for children processes , worst case the system burps a passing error, which hasn't happened as of yet... knock on wood! Though this case still "UNRESOLVED" as far I am concerned.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 4,565
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
       #15

    Rickerz said: View Post
    Glary, simply disables the startup items, something my 5 year old son can do on the fly, I wanted the apps ( Avinash) removed period. I did search Regedit , and located the malware, fear of blowing up the registry I simply renamed them, and it did work. If by any chance somehow the malware process calls up for children processes , worst case the system burps a passing error, which hasn't happened as of yet... knock on wood! Though this case still "UNRESOLVED" as far I am concerned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	246335


    right click on entry
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Rickerz's Avatar
    Posts : 37
    Windows 10 (ver 1809)
    Thread Starter
       #16

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi folks

    again although a bit late for the OP -- PLEASE guys ensure you have nice clean system backups -- these days with free imaging software (a lot of people on these forums use Macrium Free) and cheap fast SSD's - surely it's worth 10 - 15 mins backing up regularly and then if your machine does become infected spending hours on the net messing around with "uninstallers" and "Virus removers" which may / may not work 100%. You can 100% guarantee that a restore from a clean image will always be totally effective.

    I simply can't understand why so many people can't be bothered with such an easy process to backup their pc's regularly which takes just minutes and then tie themselves into knots when their machine becomes riddled with malware which they have mega problems in removing.

    I'd love to tell anybody who finds malware on their machine and doesn't have a backup to say "tough -- re-install Windows" which is what they deserve -- but I'm not like that really. Honestly people BACKUP COMPUTERS REGULARLY - it doesn't take long.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Ever went thru what you have suggested? You think MS will make it this easy? Why don't you enlighten us and put down HERE the steps for such "easy" way to backup & restore ? I will be the first to give it a shot given what I am going through! cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 4,565
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1903
       #17
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Rickerz's Avatar
    Posts : 37
    Windows 10 (ver 1809)
    Thread Starter
       #18

    thomaseg1 said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	246335


    right click on entry
    Ooh... I suppose I missed that option, perhaps it didn't exist in the free copy...I will give it another try.. had to reinstall it tho, after a frustration i uninstalled it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Rickerz said: View Post
    Ooh... I suppose I missed that option, perhaps it didn't exist in the free copy...I will give it another try.. had to reinstall it tho, after a frustration i uninstalled it

    I just install again, it's the , Glary could not delete the malware from the list, the option is there alright but after I deleted all the 9 unwanted items, and after I refreshed, they didn't go away.. Apparently the FREE version failed , are you subscribed with GLARY using a paid version? if you don't answer , I understand I was about to subscribe , then the trial did not convince me I should do so.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,528
    W10Prox64
       #19

    Rickerz said: View Post
    Downloaded and Ran Glary... Removed all nine "Avinash" crap... to no use, the came back as soon I check back the start-up list... Have you checked this sw yourself? perhaps it's useful to remove a non malignant entry.. but not for this Avinash crap...
    Hi.
    Did you miss my post #5?
    Got Hit by "Avanish" malware, missed by W10 security
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 18,153
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #20

    See, you missed that post simrick posted about using ADWcleaner - it is very successful with such malware removal.
    I would proceed like this:
    - run Rkill (stops most of the malware running processes)
    - run ADWcleaner
    - run RogueKiller
    - any offline malware scanner, like Eset

    WD has offline scan too. May bring this thing up after that
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
[REPORT] "Bing Is Pushing Malware When You Search for Chrome" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Just came across this report.
Is it possible to change "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I would like to use Details view in File Explorer and List view for "Open" and "Save As" windows. ...
After i installed windows 10 on my Asus N53SV, the keyboard doesnt work properly. I look on the internet for help, but it looks like im the only one. I tried uninstall and reinstall almost everything i know. From keyboard driver, touchpad, etc....
When I click on "SETTINGS" I get no sub-menu. That means I cannot upgrade Win 10 because there is no "UPGRADE & SECURITY" choice for me to make. I was given this system two years ago and after the first two months I've only used it occasionally. ...
Never mind this. It was nothing to do with Adobe.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.
Find Us