sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update. Solved

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1.    #51

    sportsfan148 said: View Post
    f14tomcat said the repair in place repair rolled him back to Animalware version1906.03 and it had the errors too (He said the errors were there and he had to fix them). I could run the DISM fix on 1907.04 and it would repair it. The only reason I haven't done that is because it would only be a temporary fix as I saw when I fixed 1906.03 originally
    Correct. You do have the option to just ignore the errors until MS resolves the issue as the errors don't seem to hurt anything. Unless, of course, you need to run sfc /scannow for some reason. Then you'd need to run the fix first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #52

    Crizal said: View Post
    Correct. You do have the option to just ignore the errors until MS resolves the issue as the errors don't seem to hurt anything. Unless, of course, you need to run sfc /scannow for some reason. Then you'd need to run the fix first.
    Exactly my thinking mate. I routinely run an sfc /scannow on a weekly basis before creating a system restore point. It looks like I'll have to hold off on that routine for a while..or alternatively, I could just fix the errors with DISM first
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #53

    sportsfan148 said: View Post
    Exactly my thinking mate. I routinely run an sfc /scannow on a weekly basis before creating a system restore point. It looks like I'll have to hold off on that routine for a while..or alternatively, I could just fix the errors with DISM first
    Just as long as we don't have to run the fix every time a new Antimalware Client Version is released.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #54

    Crizal said: View Post
    Just as long as we don't have to run the fix every time a new Antimalware Client Version is released.
    That thought has crossed my mind as well..and it could possibly be what ends up happening!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #55

    sportsfan148 said: View Post
    That thought has crossed my mind as well..and it could possibly be what ends up happening!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Related Threads
Hi all! Every time Windows 10 Home decides it is time for a forced upgrade of my OS (currently on the 1709 version) I have the same nightmare. The upgrade eventually fails with the message that some windows component is not compatible. After a lot...
Normally have Defender icon set to show on the Taskbar and it usually shows green unless there is a problem. Since I installed build 17074, it starts after a reboot and then just goes away. The icon is showing in the Taskbar for 3-5 seconds and...
Up until today I always got the latest Defender definitions via Windows Update. Today however, WU told me my PC was "Up to date", but checking Microsoft Malware Protection Center told me my definitons were from yesterday. I tried updating through...
Quicken was crashing on startup and nothing seemed to be fixing it. I decided to uninstall and reinstall, and now I number of issues have come up. Quicken install kept closing on its splash screen, so I tried running sfc /scannow. It keeps failing...
Hi there This only seems a problem with IE11 - happened after latest update can somebody please test this link with IE11 to see if it's W10 that's a problem or the particular site or something on my machine From the BBC - Main / Home page...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.
Find Us