Quick Scan?

  1. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,850
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #1

    Quick Scan?


    This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick Scan?-scan.jpg  
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 396
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    Perhaps it is a mistake?

    What does Event Viewer show?

    Applications and Services Logs >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Windows Defender and double-click on Operational and look for event id's 1000 and 1001 for more information.
      My Computer

  3. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 6,396
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #3

    It's quick on my system, takes 5 minutes.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 396
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    I have a scheduled task set to run a quick scan every day and it averages out to about 1 minute each time (number of files scanned is usually between 20k and 40k, though most days it is around about the 20k).
      My Computer

  5. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 2,208
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Internet Security Specialty.
       #5

    dencal said:
    This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking.
    I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list.
    Try forcing another Quick Scan and post back.

    Thanks.
      My Computer

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 15,408
    10 Home x64 (2004) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #6

    Compumind said:
    I firmly believe that this is an error. Add this to the 1809 bug list....
    Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

    Quick Scan?-scan-sleep.png

    Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.
      My Computers


  7. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,850
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
    Thread Starter
       #7

    My post was tongue in cheek.....I knew it only took about a minute and a half.....see latest scan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick Scan?-qscan.jpg  
      My Computers

  8. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 2,208
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Internet Security Specialty.
       #8

    Bree said:
    Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

    Quick Scan?-scan-sleep.png

    Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.
    I understand what you mean but it's not right, IMO.

      My Computer

  9. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 3,761
    Windows 10
       #9

    On my older Haswell Lenovo laptop (i7 2640 M, 16 GB RAM, ancient Plextor mSATA SSD) it takes 4:16. Seems about normal. Other, newer, faster PCs usually run something in the 1:xx range (under 2 minutes).
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums