Login details hacked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,528
    W10Prox64
       #11

    You're right Barman - changing an email address is a PITA. Although, if it's only the one forum that was compromised, I don't think he needs to do that, unless he was using the same password.

    TC - I've not found a way to auto-change passwords in LastPass either. I have to go to a site, login, change the password, and then LP asks if I want to update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,528
    W10Prox64
       #12

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Found this. The Auto-Change is a Beta feature and limited in scope. The article explains in detail, with a list of sites supported.

    Generating Secure Passwords | User Manual
    Oh! That's interesting!
    EDIT: So, you still have to go to the vault and tell it to change the pw for a site - you can't set it up for auto-changing on its own.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,894
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #13

    simrick said: View Post
    Oh! That's interesting!
    EDIT: So, you still have to go to the vault and tell it to change the pw for a site - you can't set it up for auto-changing on its own.
    The way I read it, LP goes out to the site, dances a jig thru the site's PW change routine (with your help), then comes back and updates your LP with it. I think I would rather do that myself, and answer the old fashioned question from LP, "Do you want to update LastPass now?".
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,528
    W10Prox64
       #14

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    The way I read it, LP goes out to the site, dances a jig thru the site's PW change routine (with your help), then comes back and updates your LP with it. I think I would rather do that myself, and answer the old fashioned question from LP, "Do you want to update LastPass now?".
    I agree. Unless it had an option for you to schedule regular password changes - then I would let it do that by itself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,056
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 - 18362.53 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #15

    @simrick

    Not sure what the state is in the US but I've seen a few UK ISPs with longer IP Lease times, I suppose it's a case of most of the accounts will be held open and in use for months and even years at a time and with modern systems, being left connected for long periods setting a lease time of 72 Hours or longer means that there is less work for the DHCP servers, which reduces costs - I've had routers offline for a few days and have the same IP when re-connecting.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. simrick's Avatar
    Posts : 15,528
    W10Prox64
       #16

    Barman58 said: View Post
    @simrick

    Not sure what the state is in the US but I've seen a few UK ISPs with longer IP Lease times, I suppose it's a case of most of the accounts will be held open and in use for months and even years at a time and with modern systems, being left connected for long periods setting a lease time of 72 Hours or longer means that there is less work for the DHCP servers, which reduces costs - I've had routers offline for a few days and have the same IP when re-connecting.
    Yes, I suppose it depends on the ISP. I can usually get a new IP address within 10 minutes, but, you're right, it depends on the ISP.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,970
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
    Thread Starter
       #17

    @simrick

    A password change would not matter for the Soundblaster forum because it has been completely pulled down... Pretty serious?

    Thanks for the have I been Pwned link and it seems that I have... Does anyone know anything about the first two breaches (highlighted in blue)? Exploit.in?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWNED.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	812.9 KB 
ID:	200197
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,970
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Does Exploit.in actually have matching passwords for email addresses?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Kol12's Avatar
    Posts : 1,970
    Windows 10 64 bit, 1809
    Thread Starter
       #19

    I spoke to my ISP and because I have a dynamic IP address simply turning the modem off for 1 minute will assign a new IP address. Don't dynamic IP addresses have a lease time and are changed periodically anyway?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 12,396
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #20

    simrick said: View Post
    Yes, I suppose it depends on the ISP. I can usually get a new IP address within 10 minutes, but, you're right, it depends on the ISP.
    Very much ISP-dependent. Here in the UK BT will give always you a different IP address whenever you restart the router, while Virgin will always give you the same one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc....
How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties provide more detailed info about a file, such as the...
What use is saving login details? in Browsers and Email
For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have...
Out of forty or so sites I have set up in Edge, one is proving troublesome. The site in question is Sony UK Community Forum: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/english-community/ct-p/en I have posted about the issue on that site. I had zero...
OK so a user named Lorenco was logged into my machine today when I went to login. This user account should not exist and was connected remotely I believe I captured all the event logs, what do I need to verify this was a hack or a legit login?...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:10.
Find Us