Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    13 Jan 2016 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhoul View Post
    I don't use the script but I know how it work and I will try to help you.


    IMO the Now 1511 Update must have reinstalled the original DLL'S ;-)

    Steps to turn off security center manually:
    1. Open "service.msc"
    2. Stop Security Center service and set it to "disabled"
    3. Go to "C:\Windows\System32"
    4. Take ownership of files "ActionCenter.dll" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll"
    5. Get full access for the files "ActionCenter.dll" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll"
    6. Rename the files "ActionCenter.dll" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll" to "ActionCenter.dll.bak" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll.bak"

    Try with those instructions and let me know if it work fine !

    Regards

    Hi!


    There has not been any warning popup during the whole day, so your solution seems to work.
    Thanks so much!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 Jan 2016 #22
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows

    Warning

    I found that when you disable the "Security Center" service it broke Apps like News apps & Sport apps.
    The apps start but links inside don't work as soon as you re-enable the "Security Center" service the links work fine.

    From what I see it's caused because most apps expect to be able to interact with with the "toast notifications" and from now all
    Win32 apps will be able to use the same function so I expect that more new apps will broke if Security Center is disabled.


    Technical Information here: Quickstart: Handling toast activations from Win32 apps in Windows 10 - Tiles and Toasts - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    19 Jan 2016 #23
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhoul View Post
    I found that when you disable the "Security Center" service it broke Apps like News apps & Sport apps.
    The apps start but links inside don't work as soon as you re-enable the "Security Center" service the links work fine.

    From what I see it's caused because most apps expect to be able to interact with with the "toast notifications" and from now all
    Win32 apps will be able to use the same function so I expect that more new apps will broke if Security Center is disabled.

    This is no problem for me.
    I don't use modern apps. All modern apps, without Settings, is complete uninstalled in my computers.
    I have not noticed any negative effect of having Security Center disabled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    19 Jan 2016 #24
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows

    Quote Originally Posted by H2SO4JB View Post
    This is no problem for me.
    I don't use modern apps. All modern apps, without Settings, is complete uninstalled in my computers.
    I have not noticed any negative effect of having Security Center disabled.
    On one of my computer I did not see the effect but on another one it was there so it's better to know it before disabling the service than trying to find why links suddenly don't work in modern apps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    19 Jan 2016 #25
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhoul View Post
    On one of my computer I did not see the effect but on another one it was there so it's better to know it before disabling the service than trying to find why links suddenly don't work in modern apps.

    If you have the problem on only one computer, so it's probably not because you have Security Center disabled.
    It must be due to something else, i think.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    19 Jan 2016 #26
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 43
    Win 10

    I see this notification in my Action Center but if I run services.msc, Security Center is running. So can I safely ignore this and see if it goes away on my next boot?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Jan 2016 #27
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows

    Quote Originally Posted by H2SO4JB View Post
    If you have the problem on only one computer, so it's probably not because you have Security Center disabled.
    It must be due to something else, i think.
    Not really if I enable the "Security Center" links work and if I disable it links don't work in Modern Apps and from the MSDN Blogs we see that more and more "modern apps" will use and rely on the Security Center API to use interactive TOAST and post Notifications... sadly.


    N.B.:
    On my "old" computer it may be because I disabled the updates that I don't see the same results as the one with TH2.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 Feb 2016 #28
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhoul View Post
    Warning

    I found that when you disable the "Security Center" service it broke Apps like News apps & Sport apps.
    The apps start but links inside don't work as soon as you re-enable the "Security Center" service the links work fine.

    From what I see it's caused because most apps expect to be able to interact with with the "toast notifications" and from now all
    Win32 apps will be able to use the same function so I expect that more new apps will broke if Security Center is disabled.


    Technical Information here: Quickstart: Handling toast activations from Win32 apps in Windows 10 - Tiles and Toasts - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
    Thanks for the note! Nice to know!

    But.... don't you think this problem caused by deactivating the action center?
    Windows' Security Center and Action Center are different things.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    16 Feb 2016 #29
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by H2SO4JB View Post
    Hi janseppenrade2!


    I have used your script on multiple Windows 10 installations, and it works perfectly. Thanks so much!
    I also hate Security Center, and I don't want to use that shit!
    But I don't get your script to work after "the November update 1511", which was released a few days ago.


    When I run your script, everything looks normal, but the annoying warning messages still appear after reboot.
    Probably Microsoft has changed something, so your script needs to be updated.
    What do you think? Can you help us with an updated script? :-)

    Hi H2SO4JB!

    For me the script is still working fine after th2 update. Can't recognize any problem.... :-/

    The only thing I noticed is sometimes the .CPL-files are still opend in Windows Explorer..
    For this reason my script is unable to rename / move this files.
    To prevent this problem you can terminate the process "explorer.exe" befor running my script....
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Feb 2016 #30
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 TH2 Lastest Build

    Hi i made tons of researches for so many days. and this topic is the only legit solution. but still it doesn't work for me. Can you please update the thread?

    and please can you share x64 + x86 exe's combined together in one exe file? please?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Customization Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can turn on or off transparency effects for the Start, taskbar, and action center. This will also turn on or off the acryclic Fluent Design effects for Start and UWP...
Tutorials
Customization Enable or Disable Action Center in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable the Action Center in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows toast notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps....
Tutorials
Customization Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10
Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support for AutoColor which pulls the primary color from...
Tutorials
Windows 10 Powershell Invoke-WebRequest “Windows Security Warning ”
Alright this is one big problem in my opinion that Microsoft needs to address immediately. Steps to reproduce this: powershell> Invoke-WebRequest "anywebsitewithcookies.com" (Let's do microsoft.com for example) What happens is that you get the...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums