1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    10
       31 Jul 2015 #1

    Trying to uninstall zonealarm?


    Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I get a "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities" message and am unable to uninstall it.
    Can anyone help with this? I tried ZA support and they don't know. I tried their clean tool but that gives the same result.

    Am I going to have to revert back to win 7 then uninstall, then upgrade again?

    Thanks for any help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Oakland, CA
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       31 Jul 2015 #2

    Rhino01 said: View Post
    Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I get a "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities" message and am unable to uninstall it.
    Can anyone help with this? I tried ZA support and they don't know. I tried their clean tool but that gives the same result.

    Am I going to have to revert back to win 7 then uninstall, then upgrade again?

    Thanks for any help.
    Hi! I am a dev for ZoneAlarm.

    We have pushed our Windows 10 compatible versions - First you can try downloading and installing the correct version of ZA you have (Free/Pro/Extreme) from here:


    ZoneAlarm Pro Antivirus + Firewall:
    ZA Free Firewall:
    ZoneAlarm Pro:
    ZA Free Firewall + AV:
    ZA Extreme:
    ZA Suite:

    If you upgrade gives you an error, save the following text to a .bat file and execute it from an administrative command prompt:

    @Rem Check for Administrator privileges
    @NET SESSION >nul 2>&1
    @If ErrorLevel 1 Goto NeedPrivileges
    @If Not ErrorLevel 0 Goto NeedPrivileges

    del %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%
    @If "%ZA_INST_PATH%"=="" @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles%
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%ZA_INST_PATH%\..\CheckPoint\Install
    @call "%ZA_INST_PATH%\Install.exe" /s uninstall
    exit /b 0

    ----

    This will launch the ZA uninstaller and remove the neutered version of ZA the win10 upgrade left behind.

    After that, grab one of the win10 compatible installers linked above and run the install.

    Let me know if it works!


    thanks!
    sky
    Last edited by derekimo; 31 Jul 2015 at 22:50. Reason: Removed direct download links
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    31 Jul 2015 #3

    skyking said: View Post
    Hi! I am a dev for ZoneAlarm.

    We have pushed our Windows 10 compatible versions - First you can try downloading and installing the correct version of ZA you have (Free/Pro/Extreme) from here:


    ZoneAlarm Pro Antivirus + Firewall:
    ZA Free Firewall:
    ZoneAlarm Pro:
    ZA Free Firewall + AV:
    ZA Extreme:
    ZA Suite:

    If you upgrade gives you an error, save the following text to a .bat file and execute it from an administrative command prompt:

    @Rem Check for Administrator privileges
    @NET SESSION >nul 2>&1
    @If ErrorLevel 1 Goto NeedPrivileges
    @If Not ErrorLevel 0 Goto NeedPrivileges

    del %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%
    @If "%ZA_INST_PATH%"=="" @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles%
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%ZA_INST_PATH%\..\CheckPoint\Install
    @call "%ZA_INST_PATH%\Install.exe" /s uninstall
    exit /b 0

    ----

    This will launch the ZA uninstaller and remove the neutered version of ZA the win10 upgrade left behind.

    After that, grab one of the win10 compatible installers linked above and run the install.

    Let me know if it works!


    thanks!
    sky
    Just post links to the downloads, instead of direct downloads. And don't post your email address.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Oakland, CA
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       01 Aug 2015 #4

    derekimo said: View Post
    Just post links to the downloads, instead of direct downloads. And don't post your email address.
    Sorry, someone pointed me to the forums, I am not a regular participant and should have perused the FAQ first.

    You can download the win10 version from the following links:

    ​[Removed direct download links again]

    ZoneAlarm - Professional Firewall, Antivirus Security Software
    Last edited by derekimo; 02 Aug 2015 at 11:24.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    10
       02 Aug 2015 #5

    skyking said: View Post
    Hi! I am a dev for ZoneAlarm.

    We have pushed our Windows 10 compatible versions - First you can try downloading and installing the correct version of ZA you have (Free/Pro/Extreme) from here:


    ZoneAlarm Pro Antivirus + Firewall:
    ZA Free Firewall:
    ZoneAlarm Pro:
    ZA Free Firewall + AV:
    ZA Extreme:
    ZA Suite:

    If you upgrade gives you an error, save the following text to a .bat file and execute it from an administrative command prompt:

    @Rem Check for Administrator privileges
    @NET SESSION >nul 2>&1
    @If ErrorLevel 1 Goto NeedPrivileges
    @If Not ErrorLevel 0 Goto NeedPrivileges

    del %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles(x86)%
    @If "%ZA_INST_PATH%"=="" @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%CommonProgramFiles%
    @Set ZA_INST_PATH=%ZA_INST_PATH%\..\CheckPoint\Install
    @call "%ZA_INST_PATH%\Install.exe" /s uninstall
    exit /b 0

    ----

    This will launch the ZA uninstaller and remove the neutered version of ZA the win10 upgrade left behind.

    After that, grab one of the win10 compatible installers linked above and run the install.

    Let me know if it works!


    thanks!
    sky
    Thanks for your suggestion but I get the same when I run that also. I have downloaded the ZA for win 10 but I get the same. "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities"
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    10
       02 Aug 2015 #6

    This is what I getClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	599.2 KB 
ID:	27768
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Oakland, CA
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       02 Aug 2015 #7

    Rhino01 said: View Post
    This is what I getClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	599.2 KB 
ID:	27768
    Can you try from a cmd prompt:

    cd %TEMP%
    mkdir "{907A1104-E812-4b5c-959B-E4DAB37A96AB}"

    and then run the batch file again?

    Have yo tried installing the latest installer linked above?

    Thanks!
    sky
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    10
       02 Aug 2015 #8

    skyking said: View Post
    Can you try from a cmd prompt:

    cd %TEMP%
    mkdir "{907A1104-E812-4b5c-959B-E4DAB37A96AB}"

    and then run the batch file again?

    Have yo tried installing the latest installer linked above?

    Thanks!
    sky
    Hi, I ran this and it didn't seem to do anything, but I still get the same as before when trying to install or uninstall ZA
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 5
    10
       05 Aug 2015 #9

    Consider this closed


    I couldn't get ZoneAlarm to uninstall or install the win 10 version period. So had to go back to win 7 and delete it, then upgrade again.
    Thanks for you suggestion's though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to uninstall net framework 4.6?
How to uninstall net framework 4.6?
Software and Apps
Uninstall Windows 10
How do I uninstall Windows 1o and re-install windows 7 from Disk?
Installation and Setup
Uninstall Help! URGENT!!!!
Hello guys, I have been using windows 10 TP build 9926 for about a week on my SP3. I've noticed some bugs but overall was great. But there is one issue that is bothering me and I wanna go back to windows 8.1 due to that. The issue is that the...
Installation and Setup
ZoneAlarm Firewall not working
I tried on several occasions to install zonealarm firewall and got this compatibility blablabla. is anyone using it? What's the standalone firewall program that you'd recommend?
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?
Don't panic! :huh: I'm not ready to uninstall Windows 10 just yet but will need to eventually. But, to finish my question; is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as booting into Windows 7, then deleting the Windows 10 partition & re-acquiring that space...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums