Windows 10: Protecting yourself from In-Browser Miners Solved

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 33,669
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       20 Feb 2018 #11

    Another good add-on for FF is No-Miners. Open source. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/nominers/

    To augment the Hosts File approach, there is good clean little app that maintains an updated DB of new miners, and is easy to update. GitHub - greatis/Anti-WebMiner: Anti-WebMiner protects your PC against web cryptocurrency miners (JS scripts like Coinhive executed in the browser) by modifying Windows hosts file

    It works with any browser because it modifies the system hosts file. It's open source. And has a built in notepad link to view/edit the Hosts file.

    Example of my Hosts File. I also have entries in it to keep the pesky ads off of Skype. Anti-WebMiner entries are the second section.

    Code:
    # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
    #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host
    
    # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    #    127.0.0.1       localhost
    #    ::1             localhost
    # Skype Ads Blocker
    #Skype ads blocker-begin
    127.0.0.1 download.skype.com (prevents Skype from updating)
    127.0.0.1 *.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 *.msecn.net
    127.0.0.1 *.rad.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 a.ads2.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 ac3.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net
    127.0.0.1 adnexus.net
    127.0.0.1 adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 ads1.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 ads1.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 ads2.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 aka-cdn-ns.adtech.de
    127.0.0.1 an.secure.tacoda.net
    127.0.0.1 aorta.clickagy.com
    127.0.0.1 asvcs.aol.com
    127.0.0.1 az512334.vo.msecnd.net
    127.0.0.1 b.ads2.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 bs.serving-sys.com
    127.0.0.1 cdn.at.atwola.com
    127.0.0.1 cdn.atdmt.com
    127.0.0.1 cds26.ams9.msecn.net
    127.0.0.1 db3aqu.atdmt.com
    127.0.0.1 devads.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 download.skype.com
    127.0.0.1 dpm.demdex.net
    127.0.0.1 dtm.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 ec.atdmt.com
    127.0.0.1 flex.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 g.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 gum.criteo.com
    127.0.0.1 h6.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 ib.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 live.rads.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 msntest.serving-sys.com
    127.0.0.1 pixel.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 preads.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 qaads.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 qawww.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 rad.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 s.aolcdn.com
    127.0.0.1 s.blogsmithmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 secure-ams.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 secure-fra.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 secure.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 secure.flashtalking.com
    127.0.0.1 secure.uac.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 sO.2mdn.net
    127.0.0.1 static.2mdn.net
    127.0.0.1 static.skypeassets.com
    127.0.0.1 static.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 su.addthis.com
    127.0.0.1 uk.at.atwola.com
    #Skype ads blocker - end
    # End Skype Ads Blocker
    # Anti-WebMiner Start 1.50 43151
    0.0.0.0 185.14.28.10
    0.0.0.0 1q2w3.fun
    0.0.0.0 2giga.link
    0.0.0.0 3104709642
    0.0.0.0 52.80.10.9
    0.0.0.0 8jd2lfsq.me
    0.0.0.0 adless.io
    0.0.0.0 ad-miner.com
    0.0.0.0 afflow.18-plus.net
    0.0.0.0 afminer.com
    0.0.0.0 ajplugins.com
    0.0.0.0 akvideo.stream
    0.0.0.0 analytics.blue
    0.0.0.0 anime.reactor.cc
    0.0.0.0 a-o.ninja
    0.0.0.0 api.inwemo.com
    0.0.0.0 aservices.party
    0.0.0.0 audioknigi.club
    0.0.0.0 auroramine.com
    0.0.0.0 authedmine.com
    0.0.0.0 azvjudwr.info
    0.0.0.0 bablace.com
    0.0.0.0 baiduccdn1.com
    0.0.0.0 becanium.com
    0.0.0.0 befirstcdn.com
    0.0.0.0 bestmobiworld.com
    0.0.0.0 bewhoyouare.gq
    0.0.0.0 bmst.pw
    0.0.0.0 brominer.com
    0.0.0.0 butcalve.com
    0.0.0.0 c7e935.netlify.com
    0.0.0.0 candid.zone
    0.0.0.0 capodannoinversilia.com
    0.0.0.0 cdn.jquery-uim.download
    0.0.0.0 cdn-analytics.pl
    0.0.0.0 cdn-code.host
    0.0.0.0 cfcdist.gdn
    0.0.0.0 cfceu.duckdns.org
    0.0.0.0 cfcnet.gdn
    0.0.0.0 cfcs1.duckdns.org
    0.0.0.0 chainblock.science
    0.0.0.0 chmproxy.bid
    0.0.0.0 cieh.mx
    0.0.0.0 clod.pw
    0.0.0.0 cloudcdn.gdn
    0.0.0.0 cloudcoins.co
    0.0.0.0 cnhv.co
    0.0.0.0 coinblind.com
    0.0.0.0 coiner.site
    0.0.0.0 coinerra.com
    0.0.0.0 coin-have.com
    0.0.0.0 coinhive.com
    0.0.0.0 coin-hive.com
    0.0.0.0 coinhive-manager.com
    0.0.0.0 coinimp.com
    0.0.0.0 coinlab.biz
    0.0.0.0 coinminerz.com
    0.0.0.0 coinnebula.com
    0.0.0.0 coinpirate.cf
    0.0.0.0 coinpot.co
    0.0.0.0 coinrail.io
    0.0.0.0 coin-service.com
    0.0.0.0 cookiescript.info
    0.0.0.0 cookiescriptcdn.pro
    0.0.0.0 cpu2cash.link
    0.0.0.0 cpufan.club
    0.0.0.0 cryptobara.com
    0.0.0.0 crypto-loot.com
    0.0.0.0 cryptoloot.pro
    0.0.0.0 cryptonoter.com
    0.0.0.0 crypto-webminer.com
    0.0.0.0 cryptown.netlify.com
    0.0.0.0 cryweb.github.io
    0.0.0.0 crywebber.github.io
    0.0.0.0 d1e1rbybdt265x.cloudfront.net
    0.0.0.0 d3iz6lralvg77g.cloudfront.net
    0.0.0.0 devappgrant.space
    0.0.0.0 digxmr.com
    0.0.0.0 dmdamedia.hu
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick1.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick2.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick3.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick4.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick5.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick6.xyz
    0.0.0.0 edgeno.de
    0.0.0.0 elthamely.com
    0.0.0.0 estream.to
    0.0.0.0 etacontent.com
    0.0.0.0 ewtuyytdf45.com
    0.0.0.0 exdynsrv.com
    0.0.0.0 fili.tv
    0.0.0.0 filmgoo.org
    0.0.0.0 formulawire.com
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.bid
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.loan
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.racing
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.stream
    0.0.0.0 fresh-js.bitbucket.io
    0.0.0.0 futeboltv.com
    0.0.0.0 gasolina.ml
    0.0.0.0 g-content.bid
    0.0.0.0 goldoffer.online
    0.0.0.0 goodkino.biz
    0.0.0.0 goodolddownloads.com
    0.0.0.0 googleanalytcs.com
    0.0.0.0 goredirect.party
    0.0.0.0 graftpool.ovh
    0.0.0.0 greenindex.dynamic-dns.net
    0.0.0.0 gridcash.net
    0.0.0.0 gridiogrid.com
    0.0.0.0 gus.host
    0.0.0.0 gustaver.ddns.net
    0.0.0.0 hallaert.online
    0.0.0.0 harvest.surge.sh
    0.0.0.0 hashforcash.us
    0.0.0.0 hashing.win
    0.0.0.0 hatevery.info
    0.0.0.0 hemnes.win
    0.0.0.0 hit.gemius.pl
    0.0.0.0 hodlers.party
    0.0.0.0 hodling.faith
    0.0.0.0 host.d-ns.ga
    0.0.0.0 igrid.org
    0.0.0.0 joyreactor.cc
    0.0.0.0 jroqvbvw.info
    0.0.0.0 jsccnn.com
    0.0.0.0 jscdndel.com
    0.0.0.0 jsecoin.com
    0.0.0.0 jyhfuqoh.info
    0.0.0.0 kdowqlpt.info
    0.0.0.0 kickass.cd
    0.0.0.0 kinohabr.net
    0.0.0.0 kinoprofi.org
    0.0.0.0 kissdoujin.com
    0.0.0.0 kisshentai.net
    0.0.0.0 kiwifarms.net
    0.0.0.0 kjli.fi
    0.0.0.0 l33tsite.info
    0.0.0.0 ledhenone.com
    0.0.0.0 lewd.ninja
    0.0.0.0 listat.biz
    0.0.0.0 lmodr.biz
    0.0.0.0 machieved.com
    0.0.0.0 marcycoin.org
    0.0.0.0 mataharirama.xyz
    0.0.0.0 mine.nahnoji.cz
    0.0.0.0 minecrunch.co
    0.0.0.0 minemytraffic.com
    0.0.0.0 minero.cc
    0.0.0.0 minero.pw
    0.0.0.0 minero-proxy-01.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 minero-proxy-02.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 minero-proxy-03.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 minescripts.info
    0.0.0.0 minr.pw
    0.0.0.0 monerise.com
    0.0.0.0 monero-miner.com
    0.0.0.0 monerominer.rocks
    0.0.0.0 monitoringservice.co
    0.0.0.0 monkeyminer.net
    0.0.0.0 morningdigit.com
    0.0.0.0 msg-2.me
    0.0.0.0 mutuza.win
    0.0.0.0 nametraff.com
    0.0.0.0 noblock.pro
    0.0.0.0 nullrefexcep.com
    0.0.0.0 oload.info
    0.0.0.0 openkatalog.com
    0.0.0.0 pan.whathyx.com
    0.0.0.0 panelsave.com
    0.0.0.0 papoto.com
    0.0.0.0 party-nngvitbizn.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 party-vqgdyvoycc.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 pertholin.com
    0.0.0.0 piti.bplaced.net
    0.0.0.0 player.h-cdn.com
    0.0.0.0 playerassets.info
    0.0.0.0 ppoi.org
    0.0.0.0 pr0gramm.com
    0.0.0.0 premiumstats.xyz
    0.0.0.0 projectpoi.com
    0.0.0.0 punchsub.net
    0.0.0.0 questionfly.com
    0.0.0.0 rapidvideo.com
    0.0.0.0 reasedoper.pw
    0.0.0.0 refresh-js.bitbucket.io
    0.0.0.0 rintinwa.com
    0.0.0.0 rocks.io
    0.0.0.0 ron.si
    0.0.0.0 rove.cl
    0.0.0.0 safelinkconverter.com
    0.0.0.0 salamaleyum.com
    0.0.0.0 sen-to-zdrowie.ml
    0.0.0.0 serie-vostfr.com
    0.0.0.0 shrink-service.it
    0.0.0.0 sighash.info
    0.0.0.0 sleazyneasy.com
    0.0.0.0 smartoffer.site
    0.0.0.0 sparechange.io
    0.0.0.0 stackpathdns.com
    0.0.0.0 static-cnt.bid
    0.0.0.0 staticsfs.host
    0.0.0.0 statistic.date
    0.0.0.0 sunhd.info
    0.0.0.0 techhome-js.github.io
    0.0.0.0 thevideo.ch
    0.0.0.0 thevideo.me
    0.0.0.0 thevideo.us
    0.0.0.0 tokyodrift.ga
    0.0.0.0 torrent.pw
    0.0.0.0 traffic.tc-clicks.com
    0.0.0.0 tubetitties.com
    0.0.0.0 tulip18.com
    0.0.0.0 vcfs6ip5h6.bid
    0.0.0.0 vidzi.tv
    0.0.0.0 vzhjnorkudcxbiy.com
    0.0.0.0 web.dle-news.pw
    0.0.0.0 webassembly.stream
    0.0.0.0 webmine.cz
    0.0.0.0 webmine.pro
    0.0.0.0 webminepool.com
    0.0.0.0 webminepool.tk
    0.0.0.0 webminerpool.com
    0.0.0.0 webmining.co
    0.0.0.0 wp-monero-miner.de
    0.0.0.0 xbasfbno.info
    0.0.0.0 xmrminingproxy.com
    0.0.0.0 yourporn.sexy
    0.0.0.0 zlx.com.br
    0.0.0.0 zona.video
    # Anti-WebMiner End
    Just a couple more to help keep the miners away! :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    20 Feb 2018 #12

    Thanks for bringing this to the community's attention, Cliff. At Kari's urging I wrote a story about this yesterday and gave this thread significant mention at Win10.guru: https://win10.guru/beware-of-browser-mining. Hope that's OK with you. Thanks again!
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 567
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit
       20 Feb 2018 #13

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Example of my Hosts File. I also have entries in it to keep the pesky ads off of Skype. Anti-WebMiner entries are the second section.

    Code:
    # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
    #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host
    
    # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    #    127.0.0.1       localhost
    #    ::1             localhost
    # Skype Ads Blocker
    #Skype ads blocker-begin
    127.0.0.1 download.skype.com (prevents Skype from updating)
    127.0.0.1 *.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 *.msecn.net
    127.0.0.1 *.rad.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 a.ads2.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 ac3.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 ad.doubleclick.net
    127.0.0.1 adnexus.net
    127.0.0.1 adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 ads1.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 ads1.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 ads2.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 aka-cdn-ns.adtech.de
    127.0.0.1 an.secure.tacoda.net
    127.0.0.1 aorta.clickagy.com
    127.0.0.1 asvcs.aol.com
    127.0.0.1 az512334.vo.msecnd.net
    127.0.0.1 b.ads2.msads.net
    127.0.0.1 bs.serving-sys.com
    127.0.0.1 cdn.at.atwola.com
    127.0.0.1 cdn.atdmt.com
    127.0.0.1 cds26.ams9.msecn.net
    127.0.0.1 db3aqu.atdmt.com
    127.0.0.1 devads.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 download.skype.com
    127.0.0.1 dpm.demdex.net
    127.0.0.1 dtm.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 ec.atdmt.com
    127.0.0.1 flex.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 g.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 gum.criteo.com
    127.0.0.1 h6.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 ib.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 live.rads.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 msntest.serving-sys.com
    127.0.0.1 pixel.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 preads.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 qaads.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 qawww.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 rad.msn.com
    127.0.0.1 s.aolcdn.com
    127.0.0.1 s.blogsmithmedia.com
    127.0.0.1 secure-ams.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 secure-fra.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 secure.adnxs.com
    127.0.0.1 secure.flashtalking.com
    127.0.0.1 secure.uac.advertising.com
    127.0.0.1 sO.2mdn.net
    127.0.0.1 static.2mdn.net
    127.0.0.1 static.skypeassets.com
    127.0.0.1 static.skypeassets.net
    127.0.0.1 su.addthis.com
    127.0.0.1 uk.at.atwola.com
    #Skype ads blocker - end
    # End Skype Ads Blocker
    # Anti-WebMiner Start 1.50 43151
    0.0.0.0 185.14.28.10
    0.0.0.0 1q2w3.fun
    0.0.0.0 2giga.link
    0.0.0.0 3104709642
    0.0.0.0 52.80.10.9
    0.0.0.0 8jd2lfsq.me
    0.0.0.0 adless.io
    0.0.0.0 ad-miner.com
    0.0.0.0 afflow.18-plus.net
    0.0.0.0 afminer.com
    0.0.0.0 ajplugins.com
    0.0.0.0 akvideo.stream
    0.0.0.0 analytics.blue
    0.0.0.0 anime.reactor.cc
    0.0.0.0 a-o.ninja
    0.0.0.0 api.inwemo.com
    0.0.0.0 aservices.party
    0.0.0.0 audioknigi.club
    0.0.0.0 auroramine.com
    0.0.0.0 authedmine.com
    0.0.0.0 azvjudwr.info
    0.0.0.0 bablace.com
    0.0.0.0 baiduccdn1.com
    0.0.0.0 becanium.com
    0.0.0.0 befirstcdn.com
    0.0.0.0 bestmobiworld.com
    0.0.0.0 bewhoyouare.gq
    0.0.0.0 bmst.pw
    0.0.0.0 brominer.com
    0.0.0.0 butcalve.com
    0.0.0.0 c7e935.netlify.com
    0.0.0.0 candid.zone
    0.0.0.0 capodannoinversilia.com
    0.0.0.0 cdn.jquery-uim.download
    0.0.0.0 cdn-analytics.pl
    0.0.0.0 cdn-code.host
    0.0.0.0 cfcdist.gdn
    0.0.0.0 cfceu.duckdns.org
    0.0.0.0 cfcnet.gdn
    0.0.0.0 cfcs1.duckdns.org
    0.0.0.0 chainblock.science
    0.0.0.0 chmproxy.bid
    0.0.0.0 cieh.mx
    0.0.0.0 clod.pw
    0.0.0.0 cloudcdn.gdn
    0.0.0.0 cloudcoins.co
    0.0.0.0 cnhv.co
    0.0.0.0 coinblind.com
    0.0.0.0 coiner.site
    0.0.0.0 coinerra.com
    0.0.0.0 coin-have.com
    0.0.0.0 coinhive.com
    0.0.0.0 coin-hive.com
    0.0.0.0 coinhive-manager.com
    0.0.0.0 coinimp.com
    0.0.0.0 coinlab.biz
    0.0.0.0 coinminerz.com
    0.0.0.0 coinnebula.com
    0.0.0.0 coinpirate.cf
    0.0.0.0 coinpot.co
    0.0.0.0 coinrail.io
    0.0.0.0 coin-service.com
    0.0.0.0 cookiescript.info
    0.0.0.0 cookiescriptcdn.pro
    0.0.0.0 cpu2cash.link
    0.0.0.0 cpufan.club
    0.0.0.0 cryptobara.com
    0.0.0.0 crypto-loot.com
    0.0.0.0 cryptoloot.pro
    0.0.0.0 cryptonoter.com
    0.0.0.0 crypto-webminer.com
    0.0.0.0 cryptown.netlify.com
    0.0.0.0 cryweb.github.io
    0.0.0.0 crywebber.github.io
    0.0.0.0 d1e1rbybdt265x.cloudfront.net
    0.0.0.0 d3iz6lralvg77g.cloudfront.net
    0.0.0.0 devappgrant.space
    0.0.0.0 digxmr.com
    0.0.0.0 dmdamedia.hu
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick1.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick2.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick3.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick4.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick5.xyz
    0.0.0.0 doubleclick6.xyz
    0.0.0.0 edgeno.de
    0.0.0.0 elthamely.com
    0.0.0.0 estream.to
    0.0.0.0 etacontent.com
    0.0.0.0 ewtuyytdf45.com
    0.0.0.0 exdynsrv.com
    0.0.0.0 fili.tv
    0.0.0.0 filmgoo.org
    0.0.0.0 formulawire.com
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.bid
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.loan
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.racing
    0.0.0.0 freecontent.stream
    0.0.0.0 fresh-js.bitbucket.io
    0.0.0.0 futeboltv.com
    0.0.0.0 gasolina.ml
    0.0.0.0 g-content.bid
    0.0.0.0 goldoffer.online
    0.0.0.0 goodkino.biz
    0.0.0.0 goodolddownloads.com
    0.0.0.0 googleanalytcs.com
    0.0.0.0 goredirect.party
    0.0.0.0 graftpool.ovh
    0.0.0.0 greenindex.dynamic-dns.net
    0.0.0.0 gridcash.net
    0.0.0.0 gridiogrid.com
    0.0.0.0 gus.host
    0.0.0.0 gustaver.ddns.net
    0.0.0.0 hallaert.online
    0.0.0.0 harvest.surge.sh
    0.0.0.0 hashforcash.us
    0.0.0.0 hashing.win
    0.0.0.0 hatevery.info
    0.0.0.0 hemnes.win
    0.0.0.0 hit.gemius.pl
    0.0.0.0 hodlers.party
    0.0.0.0 hodling.faith
    0.0.0.0 host.d-ns.ga
    0.0.0.0 igrid.org
    0.0.0.0 joyreactor.cc
    0.0.0.0 jroqvbvw.info
    0.0.0.0 jsccnn.com
    0.0.0.0 jscdndel.com
    0.0.0.0 jsecoin.com
    0.0.0.0 jyhfuqoh.info
    0.0.0.0 kdowqlpt.info
    0.0.0.0 kickass.cd
    0.0.0.0 kinohabr.net
    0.0.0.0 kinoprofi.org
    0.0.0.0 kissdoujin.com
    0.0.0.0 kisshentai.net
    0.0.0.0 kiwifarms.net
    0.0.0.0 kjli.fi
    0.0.0.0 l33tsite.info
    0.0.0.0 ledhenone.com
    0.0.0.0 lewd.ninja
    0.0.0.0 listat.biz
    0.0.0.0 lmodr.biz
    0.0.0.0 machieved.com
    0.0.0.0 marcycoin.org
    0.0.0.0 mataharirama.xyz
    0.0.0.0 mine.nahnoji.cz
    0.0.0.0 minecrunch.co
    0.0.0.0 minemytraffic.com
    0.0.0.0 minero.cc
    0.0.0.0 minero.pw
    0.0.0.0 minero-proxy-01.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 minero-proxy-02.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 minero-proxy-03.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 minescripts.info
    0.0.0.0 minr.pw
    0.0.0.0 monerise.com
    0.0.0.0 monero-miner.com
    0.0.0.0 monerominer.rocks
    0.0.0.0 monitoringservice.co
    0.0.0.0 monkeyminer.net
    0.0.0.0 morningdigit.com
    0.0.0.0 msg-2.me
    0.0.0.0 mutuza.win
    0.0.0.0 nametraff.com
    0.0.0.0 noblock.pro
    0.0.0.0 nullrefexcep.com
    0.0.0.0 oload.info
    0.0.0.0 openkatalog.com
    0.0.0.0 pan.whathyx.com
    0.0.0.0 panelsave.com
    0.0.0.0 papoto.com
    0.0.0.0 party-nngvitbizn.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 party-vqgdyvoycc.now.sh
    0.0.0.0 pertholin.com
    0.0.0.0 piti.bplaced.net
    0.0.0.0 player.h-cdn.com
    0.0.0.0 playerassets.info
    0.0.0.0 ppoi.org
    0.0.0.0 pr0gramm.com
    0.0.0.0 premiumstats.xyz
    0.0.0.0 projectpoi.com
    0.0.0.0 punchsub.net
    0.0.0.0 questionfly.com
    0.0.0.0 rapidvideo.com
    0.0.0.0 reasedoper.pw
    0.0.0.0 refresh-js.bitbucket.io
    0.0.0.0 rintinwa.com
    0.0.0.0 rocks.io
    0.0.0.0 ron.si
    0.0.0.0 rove.cl
    0.0.0.0 safelinkconverter.com
    0.0.0.0 salamaleyum.com
    0.0.0.0 sen-to-zdrowie.ml
    0.0.0.0 serie-vostfr.com
    0.0.0.0 shrink-service.it
    0.0.0.0 sighash.info
    0.0.0.0 sleazyneasy.com
    0.0.0.0 smartoffer.site
    0.0.0.0 sparechange.io
    0.0.0.0 stackpathdns.com
    0.0.0.0 static-cnt.bid
    0.0.0.0 staticsfs.host
    0.0.0.0 statistic.date
    0.0.0.0 sunhd.info
    0.0.0.0 techhome-js.github.io
    0.0.0.0 thevideo.ch
    0.0.0.0 thevideo.me
    0.0.0.0 thevideo.us
    0.0.0.0 tokyodrift.ga
    0.0.0.0 torrent.pw
    0.0.0.0 traffic.tc-clicks.com
    0.0.0.0 tubetitties.com
    0.0.0.0 tulip18.com
    0.0.0.0 vcfs6ip5h6.bid
    0.0.0.0 vidzi.tv
    0.0.0.0 vzhjnorkudcxbiy.com
    0.0.0.0 web.dle-news.pw
    0.0.0.0 webassembly.stream
    0.0.0.0 webmine.cz
    0.0.0.0 webmine.pro
    0.0.0.0 webminepool.com
    0.0.0.0 webminepool.tk
    0.0.0.0 webminerpool.com
    0.0.0.0 webmining.co
    0.0.0.0 wp-monero-miner.de
    0.0.0.0 xbasfbno.info
    0.0.0.0 xmrminingproxy.com
    0.0.0.0 yourporn.sexy
    0.0.0.0 zlx.com.br
    0.0.0.0 zona.video
    # Anti-WebMiner End
    Just a couple more to help keep the miners away! :)
    Funny thing is that my HOSTS file begins differently:

    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
    127.0.0.1 local
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    0.0.0.0 fr.a2dfp.net m.fr.a2dfp.net mfr.a2dfp.net asy.a8ww.net static.a-ads.com abcstats.com a.abv.bg adserver.abv.bg adv.abv.bg
    0.0.0.0 bimg.abv.bg track.acclaimnetwork.com accuserveadsystem.com www.accuserveadsystem.com achmedia.com csh.actiondesk.com ads.activepower.net ad.activesolutions.cz app.activetrail.com
    0.0.0.0 traffic.acwebconnecting.com office.ad1.ru cms.ad2click.nl ad2games.com content.ad20.net core.ad20.net banner.ad.nu adadvisor.net tag1.adaptiveads.com
    0.0.0.0 www.adbanner.ro wad.adbasket.net adbox.hu b.adbox.lv james.adbutler.de www.adbutler.de www.adchimp.com static.adclick.lt engine.adclick.lv
    0.0.0.0 show.adclick.lv static.adclick.lv www.adclick.lv servedby.adcombination.com adcomplete.com www.adcomplete.com pixel.adcrowd.com ct1.addthis.com static.uk.addynamo.com
    Last edited by Callender; 20 Feb 2018 at 12:29. Reason: modify text layout
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 567
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit
       20 Feb 2018 #14

    I was also under the impression that 0.0.0.0 works in Windows 10 but I'm not expert on this. If I ping a blocked domain using a 127.0.0.1 hosts file I still get a connection but if using 0.0.0.0 here's what I see:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ping.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	177874

    Would suggest pinging a blocked domain or running tracert command just to be sure.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 639
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)
       20 Feb 2018 #15

    Appreciate y'all trying to help keep the rest of us protected. Thanks.

    Question: Is there any reason I can't (or shouldn't) combine the two files from Cliff S AND f4tomcat?
    Last edited by Wiley Coyote; 20 Feb 2018 at 13:22.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 567
    Windows 10 Home 32-bit
       20 Feb 2018 #16

    CWGilley said: View Post
    Appreciate y'all trying to help keep the rest of us protected. Thanks.

    Question: Is there any reason I can't combine the two files from Cliff S AND f4tomcat?
    If you combine them you will need to remove duplicate entries. There are duplicates - I checked.

    You need to add the www entry along with the domain like this to block say facebook

    127.0.0.1 facebook.com
    127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com

    That's not classed as a duplicate entry.
    Last edited by Callender; 20 Feb 2018 at 13:33. Reason: unparse link
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 33,669
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       20 Feb 2018 #17

    CWGilley said: View Post
    Appreciate y'all trying to help keep the rest of us protected. Thanks.

    Question: Is there any reason I can't (or shouldn't) combine the two files from Cliff S AND f4tomcat?
    Callender said: View Post
    If you combine them you will need to remove duplicate entries. There are duplicates - I checked.

    You need to add the www entry along with the domain like this to block say facebook

    127.0.0.1 facebook.com
    127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com

    That's not classed as a duplicate entry.
    You can combine all that you want to. There may be duplicates, but harmless....just redundant. If you add mine, I would suggest you use the app I posted. It will keep it current. Keep in mind that any alterations to the hosts file will not take affect until the browser is restarted.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    20 Feb 2018 #18

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Thanks for bringing this to the community's attention, Cliff. At Kari's urging I wrote a story about this yesterday and gave this thread significant mention at Win10.guru: https://win10.guru/beware-of-browser-mining. Hope that's OK with you. Thanks again!
    --Ed--
    Thanks to both you, Ed, and to Cliff S! Good article, Ed. I got a little tickle of motion sickness there in the second half, however.... Is there a formatting tweak needed?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 639
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)
       20 Feb 2018 #19

    I'd noticed the duplicates but didn't know if they mattered.

    On the GitHub app, is there anything I need to know? Self-installs? Self-maintains? Runs with StartUp?

    Remember, I know just enough to be really dangerous.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 2,555
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 - 17134.5 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       20 Feb 2018 #20

    I had a contract a few years ago for access control in an medical establishment, and the owner wished to control staff usage of the internet link in the Night time (and other times, but the night is always the time that things got put off whilst the staff surfed).

    I set up a remote proxy and added all the required URLs and IPs and everything worked - Trying to access a blacklisted site or basic domain was redirected and replaced with an appropriate message screen.

    Facebook would however not be stopped I kept on adding the IPs and URLs that were used to circumvent the block, until I had almost a hundred addresses - At this point I gave up and left it alone, all the redirects, did delay the page access so the users soon gave up. and I grew a healthy disdain for Facebook, although I was impressed by whoever did their setup
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Working as an I.T. Assistant for a public business my boss wants me to start password protecting the internet on all staff computers. Recently, somebody in the public was able to access questionable material on my computer, due to it being located...
    Source: Google Online Security Blog: Protecting users from repeatedly dangerous sites
    Hi, a quick curious question: I have two partitioned drives in my PC (not my C drive). If I removed these hard drives from my PC and reconnect them to another PC (a rebuild), will my partitions be lost on reconnection of the hard drives or will...
    Source: Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog
    Sr. Citizen On Protecting Against Crypto, etc. On New PC ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello, Will be getting new desktop PC with W10 in a few days. Sr. Citizen now, and not ver sharp with PC's anymore, frankly. My old PC with W7 was clobbered by that CryptoLocker and I think it was called CBT Locker or something similar...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42.
    Find Us