What The @#$#%#^% Is Going On With Malwarebytes

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

  1. Posts : 148
    Windows 10
       #51

    Mr Ed said:
    OK, I found a substitute for MBAM. I've used it before: Superantispyware (free addition). It appears to work pretty good, not sure yet if it will turn out to be a good substitute. I'll no doubt scan with MBAM in addition to Superantispyware.
    MBAM provides way more protection that SAS and its not even close.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 853
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1706
       #52

    No harm in having a second opinion though, Malwarebytes is not infallible, I have SAS as a standby.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 227
    Wndows 10
       #53

    . I suspect that Superantispyware detects other things, over and beyond MBAM, whereas MBAM is geared to detect certain other issues. So, perhaps the two programs compliment each other.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 56,050
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #54

    Mr Ed said:
    . I suspect that Superantispyware detects other things, over and beyond MBAM, whereas MBAM is geared to detect certain other issues. So, perhaps the two programs compliment each other.
    SAS is basically a good Cookie Monster. It is not, and is not touted to be, an AV, exploit protector, or web protector. They complement, but are in 2 different classes. I use them together. One does not, cannot, replace the other.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 55
    Win 10 preview
       #55

    Mr Ed said:
    . I suspect that Superantispyware detects other things, over and beyond MBAM, whereas MBAM is geared to detect certain other issues. So, perhaps the two programs compliment each other.
    They do. I use both free additions. One finds things the other doesn't.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 934
    xp
       #56

    Running both is also what I do as well. When I didn't have a choice of download locations and was forced to use CNet I did find that SAS would usually detect the "lagniappe" (Cajun for a little something extra) that CNet included sometimes Days before Malwarebytes would.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 7,257
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #57

    You cant really compare MBM and SAS. Two different programs. One detects malware and other nasties, SAS mainly deals with malicious cookies. I use both, though I only have SAS as second opinion.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2,663
    Windows 11 21H2 (22000.593)
       #58

    Digmor Crusher said:
    MBAM provides way more protection that SAS and its not even close.
    Hey, digmor, didn't know you were here as well (assuming you're the same from MB forums with Irisa as your avatar)!

    However, I have to say that they're not really in the same class as each other....

    swarfega said:
    You cant really compare MBM and SAS. Two different programs. One detects malware and other nasties, SAS mainly deals with malicious cookies. I use both, though I only have SAS as second opinion.
    ^^^^ This. And the few posts above it as well.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 188
    windows 10 Home / Latest version
       #59

    I guess after reading through all this I consider myself lucky to not use MBAM but as we all know nothing is perfect.

    What I use besides WD & Comodo firewall is about once a month I use SAS & F-Secure and have been very happy with both.....One thing people have to remember if they use these two are with SAS is if you use the free version every time you scan you have to remember to update the definitions because it will not do it automatically but F-Secure will every time it starts.

    Hope everybody gets their MBAM problems fixed......Cheers!

    One thing I forgot to mention is I also use Sandboxie for all my browsers!
    Last edited by munk1955; 01 Feb 2018 at 14:21.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 148
    Windows 10
       #60

    johngalt said:
    Hey, digmor, didn't know you were here as well (assuming you're the same from MB forums with Irisa as your avatar)!

    However, I have to say that they're not really in the same class as each other....



    ^^^^ This. And the few posts above it as well.
    Hi John, yes its me, one of a few forums I partake in, don't post on here too often though.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums