Windows 10: Free anti ransome ware

  1.   My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Jan 2018 #2

    I'd avoid it given the poor software QA of their backup software.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
       23 Feb 2018 #3

    Steve C said: View Post
    I'd avoid it given the poor software QA of their backup software.
    I completely agree with Steve C. Terrible experiences with their products, and their lack of assistance to resolve my issues - I'm glad I found Macrium Reflect (thanks to users on this wonderful forum)! It will take something special to win back my support to try their ransomware protection software...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 Feb 2018 #4

    I prefer to use MBM which has the functionality built in.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6,993
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       24 Feb 2018 #5

    even Defender has some anti ransomware functionality these days (and more to come in 1803, I hear).

    Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    24 Feb 2018 #6

    Bree said: View Post
    even Defender has some anti ransomware functionality these days (and more to come in 1803, I hear).

    Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10
    True but regular image backups stored offline are the best protection. Get a Ransom demand - put two fingers up, restore backup .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 6,993
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       24 Feb 2018 #7

    cereberus said: View Post
    Get a Ransom demand - put two fingers up, restore backup .
    So true, system images rule!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,269
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       24 Feb 2018 #8

    Bree said: View Post
    even Defender has some anti ransomware functionality these days (and more to come in 1803, I hear).

    Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10
    Hi,
    Problem is most ransom ware looks so like win-10 people get suckered in so easily thinking it's a normal MS popup message lol
    Blame MS for it's dull UI that is way too easy to duplicate
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Source: KL AV for Free. Secure the Whole World Will Be. | Nota Bene: Eugene Kasperskys Official Blog Kaspersky Free Download Page: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-antivirus-download Kaspersky Free Direct Download:...
    Kapersky Free Trial Anti-Virus Unistalled / Notification Remains in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I installed Kapersky Anti-virus the free trial version and uninstalled it along with the Secure Connect software that it installed. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the notification that apparently did not clean-up after the uninstall. I did...
    What is the best anti-virus scanner to use (free)? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello guys, Please can you tell me what is the best free anti-virus scanner to use with Windows 10?
    Avira Free Anti virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A friend at work asked me have I ever used Avire Free Anti virus (he husband put it on her laptop) I said no but I can look at it, so installed and up to now I quite like it. I do know some Iffy sites so a little test and I will see how Avire...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:45.
    Find Us