Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    2 Weeks Ago #21

    the5krunner said: View Post
    @Superfly, do you have any ideas about this? I get conflicting information between two windows on my build:
    Attachment 110482
    There two ways of activating windows - this first is via slui,exe (the "change product key" option in activation settings) - this is what is used for digital entitlement - however it does not seem to differentiate Windows 10 keys and returns a digital entitlement for those as well.

    The second is the traditional SPP (slmgr) activation with a key specific to the version and edition and will report merely "Windows is Activated".

    Regarding the second screen that will only show whether genuine or not and not care about the type of licence.


    the5krunner said: View Post
    My latest rebuild was done using:
    • Reset this PC.
    • Don't keep files.


    I now see the conflicting output as show in post #16.

    Also I have a watermark on my desktop. Is this normal?
    Attachment 110486
    No it's not normal for an activated system... you are probably in grace period which is a genuine unlicensed state - that may show as activated temporarily

    Try creating a diagnostic report so we can check see : Activation troubleshooting - Windows 10 Forums ( there has been a report of a bug on another thread - hopefully yours will run ok)

    Lastly - one cannot overwrite Trusted installer corruptions from within Windows as with a Restore - fixes has to be applied from a WinPE/RE boot (i.e with the Windows installation not being booted)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Home
       2 Weeks Ago #22

    Superfly said: View Post
    Try creating a diagnostic report so we can check see : Activation troubleshooting - Windows 10 Forums ( there has been a report of a bug on another thread - hopefully yours will run ok)
    Thanks @Superfly, here are the results:
    Windows Diagnostic Information
    ------------------------------


    Tool Version: 10.0.14393.0
    Licensing Status: Unlicenced
    Licensing Status Reason: 0xC004F014
    Local Genuine State: Genuine
    Local Genuine Result P: 1
    Last Online Genuine Result:
    Grace Time Minutes: 0
    Total Grace Days: 0
    Validity Expiration:
    Active Partial Product Key: 7MHX4
    Active Product Key Pid2: ********-AAOEM
    O S Version: 10.0.14393.2.00010300.0.0.101
    Product Name: Windows 10 Home
    Processor Architecture: x64
    Edition Id: Core
    Build Lab: 14393.rs1_release.160715-1616
    Time Zone: GMT Standard Time(GMT)
    Active Sku Id:
    Active Sku Description:
    Product Uniqueness Groups:
    Active Product Key P Key Id:
    Active Product Key Pid Ex: *****-03259-592-379813-02-1033-14393.0000-2762016
    Active Product Key Channel: OEMM
    Active Volume Customer Pid:
    Offline Installation Id:
    Domain Joined: false
    Computer Sid: S-1-5-21-*****-1153690385-1532856144
    Product L C I D: 1033
    User L C I D: 2057
    System L C I D: 1033
    Code Signing: SIGNED_INFO_PRS_SIGNED
    Service Available: false
    Oem Marker Version: 0x00020001
    Oem Id: GBT
    Oem Table Id: GBTUACPI
    O A3 Product Key: **********************-7MHX4
    Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
    Model: P16G
    Install Date: 20161118000733.000000+000
    Result: PASS
    Tampered Items:
    Server Props: 0xc0000022
    ...
    ..
    ****** Errors from Event Log *****
    Message: The Software Protection service failed to start. 0x80070005
    10.0.14393.0
    Time Written: : 20161118124246.602260-000
    Message: The Software Protection service failed to start. 0x80070005
    10.0.14393.0
    ....
    ...
    ---------------Created by Superfly for EightForums & TenForums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Home
       2 Weeks Ago #23

    Superfly said: View Post
    Lastly - one cannot overwrite Trusted installer corruptions from within Windows as with a Restore - fixes has to be applied from a WinPE/RE boot (i.e with the Windows installation not being booted)
    Thanks @Superfly. I think I understand now. How do I do this? I am using the MediaCreationTool.exe to create an install on my USB pen. I will then boot from USB and then re-install Windows. Is that correct? Or is there another way.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Home
       2 Weeks Ago #24

    the5krunner said: View Post
    Thanks @Superfly. I think I understand now. How do I do this? I am using the MediaCreationTool.exe to create an install on my USB pen. I will then boot from USB and then re-install Windows. Is that correct? Or is there another way.
    OK. I have re-installed WIndows 10 Home along with the latest updates using a bootable USB pen. The desktop watermark has gone :-). Here is the latest diagnostic report:
    Windows Diagnostic Information
    ------------------------------
    Tool Version: 10.0.14393.0
    Licensing Status: Licenced
    Licensing Status Reason: 0x4004F401
    Local Genuine State: Genuine
    Local Genuine Result P: 1
    Last Online Genuine Result:
    Grace Time Minutes: 0
    Total Grace Days: 0
    Validity Expiration:
    Active Partial Product Key: 7MHX4
    Active Product Key Pid2: 00325-95923-79813-AAOEM
    O S Version: 10.0.14393.2.00010300.0.0.101
    Product Name: Windows 10 Home
    Processor Architecture: x64
    Edition Id: Core
    Build Lab: 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100
    Time Zone: GMT Standard Time(GMT)
    Active Sku Id: 8db63db6-4f8f-46d6-a448-66444faaaa72
    Active Sku Description: Windows(R) Operating System, OEM_DM channel
    Product Uniqueness Groups: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Active Product Key P Key Id: 8576df92-73ee-a082-d49d-f010192c3a2d
    Active Product Key Pid Ex: *****-03259-592-379813-02-2057-14393.0000-3232016
    Active Product Key Channel: OEMM
    Active Volume Customer Pid:
    Offline Installation Id: *
    Domain Joined: false
    Computer Sid: S-1-5-21-635697712-3682966622-3251237811
    Product L C I D: 2057
    User L C I D: 2057
    System L C I D: 2057
    Code Signing: SIGNED_INFO_PRS_SIGNED
    Service Available: true
    Oem Marker Version: 0x00020001
    Oem Id: GBT
    Oem Table Id: GBTUACPI
    O A3 Product Key: *****-7MHX4
    Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
    Model: P16G
    Install Date: 20161118143912.000000+000
    Result: PASS
    ****** Errors from Event Log *****
    No Security SPP Event Log errors found
    ------------------------------------------------
    Created by Superfly for EightForums & TenForums

    @Superfly, although I can see that that windows is activated on the settings screens (basic info and activation), I can see the error code in your logs: 0x4004F401. Is this a problem?
    Last edited by the5krunner; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:16.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    2 Weeks Ago #25

    Well as can be seen from the report, it's screaming to have that service started.

    The easiest I found is to boot the Win 10 media - choose repair->advanced options - choose a restore point - the oldest one will do (hopefully prior to the corruption) - restore that - you will have depleted apps (...and such) but the corruption will be corrected, hopefully.

    If we have that sorted, to get the apps (... and such) back - run restore from within Windows and select the last restore point.
    This will recover the apps (..and such) but not affect permissions (remember higher permissions cannot be changed when Windows is running.. so we are using that to our advantage here)

    I haven't yet figured out how to do it without a restore point or clean install...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #26

    the5krunner said: View Post
    OK. I have re-installed WIndows 10 Home along with the latest updates using a bootable USB pen. The desktop watermark has gone :-). Here is the latest diagnostic report:
    Windows Diagnostic Information
    ------------------------------
    Tool Version: 10.0.14393.0
    Licensing Status: Licenced
    Licensing Status Reason: 0x4004F401
    Local Genuine State: Genuine
    Local Genuine Result P: 1
    Last Online Genuine Result:
    Grace Time Minutes: 0
    Total Grace Days: 0
    Validity Expiration:
    Active Partial Product Key: 7MHX4
    Active Product Key Pid2: 00325-95923-79813-AAOEM
    O S Version: 10.0.14393.2.00010300.0.0.101
    Product Name: Windows 10 Home
    Processor Architecture: x64
    Edition Id: Core
    Build Lab: 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161102-0100
    Time Zone: GMT Standard Time(GMT)
    Active Sku Id: 8db63db6-4f8f-46d6-a448-66444faaaa72
    Active Sku Description: Windows(R) Operating System, OEM_DM channel
    Product Uniqueness Groups: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Active Product Key P Key Id: 8576df92-73ee-a082-d49d-f010192c3a2d
    Active Product Key Pid Ex: *****-03259-592-379813-02-2057-14393.0000-3232016
    Active Product Key Channel: OEMM
    Active Volume Customer Pid:
    Offline Installation Id: *
    Domain Joined: false
    Computer Sid: S-1-5-21-635697712-3682966622-3251237811
    Product L C I D: 2057
    User L C I D: 2057
    System L C I D: 2057
    Code Signing: SIGNED_INFO_PRS_SIGNED
    Service Available: true
    Oem Marker Version: 0x00020001
    Oem Id: GBT
    Oem Table Id: GBTUACPI
    O A3 Product Key: *****-7MHX4
    Manufacturer: GIGABYTE
    Model: P16G
    Install Date: 20161118143912.000000+000
    Result: PASS
    Tampered Items:
    Server Props: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><genuineAuthorization xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/DRM/SL/GenuineAuthorization/1.0"><version>1.0</version><genuineProperties origin="sppclient"><properties>OA3xOriginalProductId=00325-95923-79813-AAOEM;OA3xOriginalProductKey=*****-*****-*****-*****-7MHX4;SessionId=LicensingDiag;TimeStampClient=2016-11-18T15:33:50Z</properties><signatures><signature name="clientLockboxKey" method="rsa-sha256">OajRcUldy4HiDdXSlf5HKo9lHlIAsanh+0ZOKW6302m+qg6mO5IGNhpeYNxNgXZt353kIwRVVy22wxOEcychRFcfPSZm GZ0XHTr6pjQCJXAadJXbNu/EytDXn1OhciIAtF4YzXYf6mPyg3kIKaIPoJ7uaLc4w2xew/BPAxTBtXg=</signature></signatures></genuineProperties></genuineAuthorization>
    ****** Errors from Event Log *****
    No Security SPP Event Log errors found
    ------------------------------------------------
    Created by Superfly for EightForums & TenForums

    @Superfly, although I can see that that windows is activated on the settings screens (basic info and activation), I can see the error code in your logs: 0x4004F401. Is this a problem?
    LOL - we sync posted... but nevermind. - no that is not an error, it's just a code...

    If you click on the link within the Activation Tool and expand detail - it will say it's a store licence, which is Windows 10 jargon for Digital Licence.

    So you are good to go - that report looks all good.

    BTW: This is the clincher:

    Service Available: true


    Last edited by Superfly; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:51. Reason: Removed key
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10 Home
       2 Weeks Ago #27

    A big super thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    2 Weeks Ago #28

    the5krunner said: View Post
    A big super thanks
    LOL.. you are super welcome

    BTW: Remove the key in your last report (in the XML at the end under OA3xOriginalProductKey=) - no-one else can use it as it's tied to your hardware id, but better be safe.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key to reset PC
Hello, HP ENVY laptop. I need my OEM "Windows 10 HOME" activation key because my Windows 10 is not activated anymore. There is no sticker on my PC and I cannot access the battery. I tried my friend "Windows 10 PRO" activation key and now...
Windows Updates and Activation
Does "Reset Windows" in Win10 kill settings & 3d party apps?
I have loads of valuable info/files/3d party apps on my Win10 Home ver. & I'm considering doing a reset of the OS to ensure I have a clean environment. However, I don't want to lose my 3d party apps & their data i.e. Adobe Lightroom's Catalog. ...
General Support
Solved Windows 10 "Reset P "failure. Log in screen w/no users
Hi, I'm really sorry if this is posted in the wrong place etc. as I am new here. I wanted to make this post because I used this site for Ideas and understanding of my issue which I've now fixed although I couldn't find the exact problem on this...
Installation and Setup
How do I restore windows 10 to its previous state after a "reset?"
Hello, My custom built computer started to randomly shutdown or restart, and after exhausting all software/driver checks to windows updates and other software related discrepancies, I resorted to "resetting" my OS, which did not fix my problem...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums