Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       3 Weeks Ago #1

    New insider fast ring build not pushing to my rig


    The only build that I have received through windows update is 14931. I have posted at the insider community and tried numerous reg hacks, enabling and disabling windows update, deleting temp files, turning on and off fast ring. Some have said it's my hardware, and I am so frustrated I am considering a new rig. But that can be expensive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,522
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #2

    Horsepower said: View Post
    The only build that I have received through windows update is 14931. I have posted at the insider community and tried numerous reg hacks, enabling and disabling windows update, deleting temp files, turning on and off fast ring. Some have said it's my hardware, and I am so frustrated I am considering a new rig. But that can be expensive.
    @Horsepower, 14931 is the Insider build that MS is currently offering an ISO download for. I would suggest you try a Repair Install using that ISO. It is very similar to doing an update and will preserve your files and apps. A Repair Install, as the name implies, will rewrite/update all the system files and settings and attempt to fix any problems.

    Download the 14931 ISO from here: Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO
    Be sure to choose the correct language and bits (32 or 64).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-11-17_06h00_21.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	110359

    You do not need to burn the ISO to a DVD or make a thumb drive. Next, follow the instructions in this tutorial for doing a Repair Install, starting with step #4. Hopefully, this will clear up whatever is preventing getting newer Insider updates.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

    Note: Do a full system backup before you begin.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #3

    OK I did clean install of that iso and am waiting to see if anything changes
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,522
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #4

    Horsepower said: View Post
    OK I did clean install of that iso and am waiting to see if anything changes
    A clean install? Not a repair?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #5

    Yes (as an explanation) my rig has no internal hard drives, just a removable rack. I have different hard drives with different oses. This has been an ongoing problem on my "beta" drive since WAU came out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,522
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #6

    Horsepower said: View Post
    Yes (as an explanation) my rig has no internal hard drives, just a removable rack. I have different hard drives with different oses. This has been an ongoing problem on my "beta" drive since WAU came out.
    Kinda like leaving the cover off the case and swapping drives on the sata0 port. There's no real relationship between WAU and Insider Beta. They're 2 different animals. Maybe you have the MS servers confused seeing multiple OS's tied to same MoBo.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       2 Weeks Ago #7

    I thought of that, but used my different insider ID on the beta drive. And if WAU and Preview are different animals why would the servers be confused? Perhaps I do not know how they identify my rig.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,522
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #8

    Horsepower said: View Post
    I thought of that, but used my different insider ID on the beta drive. And if WAU and Preview are different animals why would the servers be confused? Perhaps I do not know how they identify my rig.
    By the MAC address, I believe. Always been kinda a mystery.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 10565
       2 Weeks Ago #9

    So is there anyway to correct this? I recently had to buy a new network card as the onboard on on my mother board decided to give up the ghost. Since then no new builds have come to my PC.

    I can still update the device I use at work with the same account so the account works.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,522
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       2 Weeks Ago #10

    IanR said: View Post
    So is there anyway to correct this? I recently had to buy a new network card as the onboard on on my mother board decided to give up the ghost. Since then no new builds have come to my PC.

    I can still update the device I use at work with the same account so the account works.
    The MAC address is associated with the LAN, as I understand it, and is in the motherboard's firmware. It identifies your machine. This may cause a problem if it is replaced. Maybe a network Guru can explain better, this is kinda out of my league. Maybe ask this question in this thread, and see what the network guys and gals have to say.

    Network and Sharing - Windows 10 Forums

    A media access control address (MAC address) of a computer is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications at the data link layer of a network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet and WiFi.

    MAC address - Wikipedia
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider preview 11099 is now on Fast ring
Insider preview 11099 is now available in Fast ring. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-11099/
Windows Insider
Insider Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon
Source 605240532932169728
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums