Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 238
    latest windows insider home build
       11 Oct 2016 #11

    same crash for me; I'll wait for the next release, not in a big hurry to update to a buggy OS..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    11 Oct 2016 #12

    dcol said: View Post
    Seems this latest update is hitting anti virus/malware programs. Maybe intentional?
    Not quite, AV's use kernel integration for low-level protection, if the kernel code changes, the AV's crash.

    PS: - or shall I say the AV's crash Windows...

    BTW.. just checked https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/...-screen-errors
    - very basic corrective issues - ie. either restore or uninstall - no specifics - why "collect some error info" if it's of no use?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    11 Oct 2016 #13

    I called it quits.

    Do away with MBAM and it works.
    Last edited by jadinolf; 12 Oct 2016 at 23:32.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 457
    Windows 8.1/10
       11 Oct 2016 #14

    kgash said: View Post
    My PC attempted to update build 14936 to 14942 last night and got through a bunch of stuff and then crashed.
    I tried to run the update again and the same thing happened. The system then reverted back to 14936.
    See attached jpg file.
    Yep!!!
    One of my Desktop did that. One of my laptops don't like this version either. I guess I will wait till the next version comes out.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro
       12 Oct 2016 #15

    Same issue but fixed, read on...


    kgash said: View Post
    My PC attempted to update build 14936 to 14942 last night and got through a bunch of stuff and then crashed.
    I tried to run the update again and the same thing happened. The system then reverted back to 14936.
    See attached jpg file.


    Like most here after I set malwarebytes to not load at Win startup (it's in advanced settings, there's a tick box to uncheck that says start with windows automatically) and disabling Avast permanently (until it installs) worked this time. All this time I had exited malwarebytes and disabled Avast but forgot to tick the start at windows in malwarebytes so that's what finally did it for me. I reenabled it afterwards and I have the new build and malwarebytes loads correctly at startup after re ticking the box and avast is turned back on and rebooted a few times and so far so good. Good luck, hope it works for you, it was driving me nuts!! lol. I know it's only for testing and such but mine have been so stable I've been using for production for months each time but I do save early and often and backup anything important to an external I turn off when done backing up also so just know ANYTHING can go wrong and prob will but so far I've never had a lockup yet, knock on wood just filed installs and it just rebooted to the previous one but haven't ever got the frowny BSOD yet, knock on wood).

    Faslane
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 238
    latest windows insider home build
       12 Oct 2016 #16

    Faslane said: View Post
    Like most here after I set malwarebytes to not load at Win startup (it's in advanced settings, there's a tick box to uncheck that says start with windows automatically) and disabling Avast permanently (until it installs) worked this time. All this time I had exited malwarebytes and disabled Avast but forgot to tick the start at windows in malwarebytes so that's what finally did it for me. I reenabled it afterwards and I have the new build and malwarebytes loads correctly at startup after re ticking the box and avast is turned back on and rebooted a few times and so far so good. Good luck, hope it works for you, it was driving me nuts!! lol. I know it's only for testing and such but mine have been so stable I've been using for production for months each time but I do save early and often and backup anything important to an external I turn off when done backing up also so just know ANYTHING can go wrong and prob will but so far I've never had a lockup yet, knock on wood just filed installs and it just rebooted to the previous one but haven't ever got the frowny BSOD yet, knock on wood).

    Faslane
    Hey Fas, funny meeting you here!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 64-bit Pro
       12 Oct 2016 #17

    I had success by disabling Malwarebytes from starting at Windows startup and disabling Avast permanently until the update was finished and I could turn all of a vast features back on but I got the blue screen of death :-( when Malwarebytes loaded so my computer rebooted after about 30 seconds and when it rebooted Malwarebytes was disabled so I really believe it and rebooted and it crashed again so I just check the box to say automatically start when Windows starts up and it crashed again so then I uninstall Malwarebytes entirely and now my computer is running perfectly with the update so my conclusion so far is that this version and Malwarebytes are incompatible so I would leave Malwarebytes disabled for now I haven't tried to see if it will run if I launch it manually or not yet though that's going to be my next test. That's what I personally have found so far. Good luck all,

    Faslane
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,414
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       13 Oct 2016 #18

    Faslane said: View Post
    I had success by disabling Malwarebytes from starting at Windows startup and disabling Avast permanently until the update was finished and I could turn all of a vast features back on but I got the blue screen of death :-( when Malwarebytes loaded so my computer rebooted after about 30 seconds and when it rebooted Malwarebytes was disabled so I really believe it and rebooted and it crashed again so I just check the box to say automatically start when Windows starts up and it crashed again so then I uninstall Malwarebytes entirely and now my computer is running perfectly with the update so my conclusion so far is that this version and Malwarebytes are incompatible so I would leave Malwarebytes disabled for now I haven't tried to see if it will run if I launch it manually or not yet though that's going to be my next test. That's what I personally have found so far. Good luck all,

    Faslane
    The solution I found that works fine, and retains MBAM for scanning purposes.

    1. Completely uninstall your MBAM Premium (Revo Uninstaller does a good job Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
    )

    2. Download and install the MBAM Free edition. Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

    3. Do Not activate the MBAM with your key. Leave it as the Free Edition.

    The 14942 will install without rolling back at about 75%. And you will still have your on-demand scanner.
    It's the MBAM service activated with the Premium that is causing the crash/rollback.

    After 14942 install, Do Not activate the MBAM Premium with your key. It will crash the OS as soon as you start a scan.

    TC
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    13 Oct 2016 #19

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    The solution I found that works fine, and retains MBAM for scanning purposes.

    1. Completely uninstall your MBAM Premium (Revo Uninstaller does a good job Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
    )

    2. Download and install the MBAM Free edition. Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

    3. Do Not activate the MBAM with your key. Leave it as the Free Edition.

    The 14942 will install without rolling back at about 75%. And you will still have your on-demand scanner.
    It's the MBAM service activated with the Premium that is causing the crash/rollback.

    After 14942 install, Do Not activate the MBAM Premium with your key. It will crash the OS as soon as you start a scan.

    TC
    Can we assume that MSFT will fix this?

    I hope so.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 16,414
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       13 Oct 2016 #20

    jadinolf said: View Post
    Can we assume that MSFT will fix this?

    I hope so.
    Actually, they know about it. It's in the release notes for 14946, which most people read after they've downloaded and clicked Restart!



    • If you have 3rd party antivirus products such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky Antivirus, F-Secure Antivirus and Malwarebytes installed on your PC your PC might not be able to complete the update to this build and roll-back to the previous build.
    • Larger Windows Store games such as ReCore, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct and Rise of the Tomb Raider may fail to launch.

      And in Shawn's post...

      Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC on Fast ring
784439136002375681 784446397466681344 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942 for PC | Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
New build, consistent crashes.
Just got a new build and keep getting crashes while gaming on certain games. I've monitored temps and haven't been any where near thresholds. I stress tested the PC using Prime95 and other benchmarks. A screen print of the minidump analysis is...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Windows 10 crashes after every new update installation
Hi, I have migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the movement to Windows 10 I am getting a system crash with BLUE screen every time a new Windows 10 update is installed on the system. I would like to know the reason behind this issue......
Installation and Setup
Installation of Win10 build 10049 borked by update from MS
I have managed to install Win10 build 10049 and get the Project Spartan icon to appear on the task bar. Spartan appeared to be working so I left the machine to do something else and an update arrived from MS which caused a Restart and after that...
Windows Insider
New Build IE 11 crashes
Since I've installed the new build, clean install, I can't use IE. It crashes usually at the second window. I didn't do the upgrade on a dedicated laptop, installed as new from the iso. I can use FF and Chrome. Pete
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums