Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       29 Jul 2015 #361

    Hello,

    I have a simple question, apologies I have not read what's been said lately.

    I have finished with the Upgrade to Win 10 Home 64 bit. It is activated, updated, and now it is running OK.

    - Where can I find now an official ISO to return to the Insider program? Is it the build 10240 that it runs now on the Insider program, and if so, where can I find the official ISO for it? I will install it on my other SSD, of course.

    ?

    Thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,503
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       29 Jul 2015 #362

    Hello Joanne,

    Yep, the same ISO installs the same build 10240.

    To remain an insider, double check step 3 in the tutorial below to make sure that you have started insider builds if currently stopped.

    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...10-builds.html

    If you do a clean install on another PC that hasn't been activated yet, it won't be activated though.

    Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

    Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer or Media Creation Tool on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       29 Jul 2015 #363

    Ah, okay Brink, thank you very much!

    From what I understand I will be able to simply install Win 10 on my other SSD -on the same computer- and just "Get Insider Builds" which in my current installation (main OS) I have Disabled. Great! I will do it tomorrow then! Because in my "main OS" all these features together with the majority of what's found under Privacy and Security is disabled. I am not even running the Mail app, lol...

    Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,503
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       29 Jul 2015 #364

    You're welcome Joanne. Please let us know how it went.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       30 Jul 2015 #365

    Hello again

    In short: it went great!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	26730


    A few details
    On an unallocated SSD, it being the only drive plugged into the SATA_1 (and not the SATA_0) port of my motherboard, I have (clean) installed the official Windows 10 Home ISO, which I got from the (new) Media Creation Tool, and which was used for the installation of Win 10 Home on my other SSD, what I consider my main OS. After approx. 15 minutes I was on the desktop and I have installed manually all of my drivers (INF, IME, AHCI, LAN, NVIDIA) in this order and rebooted after the installation of each one. After the AHCI I've rebooted twice.

    As soon as my LAN driver was installed Windows 10 activated immediately. I know because I've checked it.

    So, after finishing with the drivers I switched to my MS account and selected to "Get Insider builds". There were a couple of pop-ups, one informing me that if I'd ever wish to opt out from the Insider ring I'd most probably have to reinstall Windows, I have accepted and the result is what's shown in the screenshot above.

    So, all went well and I'm glad about it!

    Both installation were scanned with DISM and sfc/ SCANNOW and absolutely no corruption or integrity violation was found.

    PS: Brink, I'd like to suggest you (or someone else from your team) to create a new thread dealing with the impressions, the inquires, and the questions about Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro. I've observed something very annoying today, on my main OS not on this Insider installation, but I'm afraid that if I'll post it on the known threads it will be lost.

    Thank you.
    Last edited by Joanne; 30 Jul 2015 at 05:08.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    windows 7 professional
       11 Aug 2015 #366

    ERROR downloading free windows 10


    hi there! i have been trying to download win10 now for the past week. everytime i get the notification "you can upgrade" then i agree to the terms, it downloads and then when my computer restart it is just the simple windows 7 prof version and an error message from windows. What can i do to fix this and get the windows 10 free upgrade to work on my pc? this is truly frustrating.

    been helping friends of mine and NO PROBLEMS!


    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Joanne,

    Yep, the same ISO installs the same build 10240.

    To remain an insider, double check step 3 in the tutorial below to make sure that you have started insider builds if currently stopped.

    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...10-builds.html

    If you do a clean install on another PC that hasn't been activated yet, it won't be activated though.

    Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade?

    Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer or Media Creation Tool on an activated Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 7,962
    Windows 10 IoT
       11 Aug 2015 #367

    lootsyve said: View Post
    hi there! i have been trying to download win10 now for the past week. everytime i get the notification "you can upgrade" then i agree to the terms, it downloads and then when my computer restart it is just the simple windows 7 prof version and an error message from windows. What can i do to fix this and get the windows 10 free upgrade to work on my pc? this is truly frustrating.

    been helping friends of mine and NO PROBLEMS!
    Try doing it from here, Windows 10 ISO Download You can "Upgrade this PC now" or create install media and do it with that.
    Last edited by Brink; 11 Aug 2015 at 09:04. Reason: link for more info
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2014
    The Netherlands
    Posts : 144
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.447)
       11 Aug 2015 #368

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Try doing it from here, Windows 10 ISO Download You can "Upgrade this PC now" or create install media and do it with that.
    Thanks for the link! I get various download results:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2015-08-11 at 17.13.12.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	30525

    Whilst the download from the site (Chrome for OSX) shows a different download size.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenCap 2015-08-11 at 17.15.39.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	30527

    I'm a bit confused!

    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,503
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       11 Aug 2015 #369

    Hello Maverick,

    It depends on what options you selected for the ISO.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2014
    The Netherlands
    Posts : 144
    Win 10 Pro x64 1607 (Build 14393.447)
       11 Aug 2015 #370

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Maverick,

    It depends on what options you selected for the ISO.
    Thanks Brink! I'll look into it further, keep you posted.

    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Mobile Phone Insider app for Windows 10 Preview, renamed to Windows Insider
Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/phone-insider-app-windows-10-updated-renamed-windows-insider-microsoft-account
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 Preview: download goes live tomorrow
Read more... Technical Preview Registration: Windows Technical Preview is coming soon - Microsoft Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 9 Preview to Be Released for Download Later This Year
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums