Application hang/freeze can be temporary or require closing and re launching the application but *not* re loading Windows .
Unstable Windows UI tile apps (all of them so far ) can fail to open or close without warning that can happen with browsers and the photo viewer or *anthing in Windows 10 * so far* but much less frequently on the regular x86 desktop apps and browsers outside of Edge which is still unstable and frequently hangs or can close without warning .
OTOH the last 3 builds and this one are better than what we had before
Did the upgrade here, no issues. Seems to be stable and I was finally able to install MS Mahjong, on previous builds it would not install, so I guess that would be one fix for me. I haven't done any serious testing in regards to performance but that is where my greatest concerns lie. An updated/improved UI is nothing w/o some increase in performance. Created an ISO from the ESD and will do a clean install in a day or so. Still an issue with HP's Beats Audio, but that I suspect is on HP's side of the street. Not a deal breaker by any means as I rarely use it.
- I got the EN-GB and Swedish upgrade builds without an issue. Switched the machine on, the WU started to download the upgrade
- The Finnish and EN-US ones didn't find the upgrade
- The Finnish one started after I created a new user account on Finnish 10162 using my other Insider / MS Account, signing in to that, removing the original Insider / MS Account and rebooting
- When I opened the WU after reboot, the upgrade was already downloading
- The EN-US download did not start even after the above described MS Account switch. As I only had the EN-US 10162 on a Hyper-V vm, it took less than a minute to restore it to an older checkpoint, build 10047
- As soon as I had restored the build 10047, I remembered that at that stage the vm did not have an MS Account, only one local account. I had only created the MS Account when this machine was upgraded to 10159
- Went to Settings to switch to MS Account as I thought it might speed things up but I didn't need to; the 10047 had already started to download the 10166 upgrade
- See the screenshot. #1 shows it's 10074, #2 that there's only one user account, #3 that this account is local, and #4 that the upgrade is downloading: