If that doesn't work, a clean install should!Code::: Created by: Shawn Brink :: http://www.sevenforums.com :: Tutorial: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/214711-taskbar-pinned-items-reset-clear-windows-7-a.html DEL /F /S /Q /A "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*" REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
Thanks.. I'll try that out later today!
10147 is like a breath of fresh air over 10130. Many issues I had are gone now, including,
- Driver issues with Nvidia graphic cards -frequent BSODs due to driver_power_state_failure and dxgmms2.sys, not being able to recover from sleep or lockscreen etc.- (had to disable my GT 750M and go with Intel HD 4600 on notebook in case anyone wondering),
- Battery life going down like crazy,
- explorer.exe error when trying to shut down via Power button.
These are gone with 10147 and it's snappier in general. I went and did a clean install after trying to upgrade 10130 to 10147 first -which went badly due to BSODs-, and had no serious issues since then. I had some minor problems though, like,
- "Get insider builds needs your attention" (or something like this) prompts even though I'm all set to get them (using Microsoft account already),
- Realtek Waves MaxxAudio app just opens up a blank page instead of showing settings and stuff.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with this build considering it's not even an official release.
Edit: Oh, I forgot to add "I can't change to Fast ring to get builds, it's stuck on Slow" to the minor issues. Not bothering at all though.
Last edited by Jormvngandr; 20 Jun 2015 at 14:27.
I'd still like to hear Cortana speak to me. I haven't had any luck with that since the very early 9000 series builds. Ever since it the 100xx builds Cortana hasn't said a peep to me. Frustrating. Realtek audio on an Asus mobo, btw.