Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 559
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       3 Weeks Ago #81

    Wynona said: View Post
    I've never actually used it, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work; however, I did a "test run" by typing some stuff to it, then moving it over to my secondary monitor. I really wanted it to "hide" but it didn't seem to want to. So I deleted it.
    well since I no longer have my sticky notes, I am going back to previous build. All of my notes about each build have disappeared. In addition, my task bar keeps locking up, including the start menu button.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 10,640
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       3 Weeks Ago #82

    magilla said: View Post
    well since I no longer have my sticky notes, I am going back to previous build. All of my notes about each build have disappeared. In addition, my task bar keeps locking up, including the start menu button.
    Build 14959 kept locking up my taskbar/start menu on Lappy. I'm kinda glad I missed it on my Desktop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 13,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       3 Weeks Ago #83

    magilla said: View Post
    well since I no longer have my sticky notes, I am going back to previous build. All of my notes about each build have disappeared. In addition, my task bar keeps locking up, including the start menu button.
    Wynona said: View Post
    Build 14959 kept locking up my taskbar/start menu on Lappy. :( I'm kinda glad I missed it on my Desktop.
    You both could try running this in an admin command prompt to see if it repair whatever is causing your problems:
    Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

    If that doesn't help, you can also try running Chkdsk /r and see if that helps, and repairs any "soft" bad sectors or any corrupt entries in the C: partitions MFT, bad security descriptors associated with files, or even misaligned time stamps.

    Just open an admin prompt, type Chkdsk /r, answer yes when prompted to check at next reboot, then restart your PC:
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 697
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 14971
       3 Weeks Ago #84

    Installed 14965 since yesterday everything is fine except Photos keeps popping up automatically itself 5 time in the last hour or so. Anyone has this strange behavior?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 559
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       3 Weeks Ago #85

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You both could try running this in an admin command prompt to see if it repair whatever is causing your problems:
    Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

    If that doesn't help, you can also try running Chkdsk /r and see if that helps, and repairs any "soft" bad sectors or any corrupt entries in the C: partitions MFT, bad security descriptors associated with files, or even misaligned time stamps.

    Just open an admin prompt, type Chkdsk /r, answer yes when prompted to check at next reboot, then restart your PC:
    Thanks, Cliff. I have already gone back to 14959 build. It is very stable and works with everything I use. Task bar and start menu works well and I do have access to my notes that relate to builds. This current 14965 build took my notes out! restoring to 14959 restored the notes I have made since Jan 2015. I may go back to the current build and try it again. I'll then look at this response from you and see if it works to correct any problems. Interesting, I had no problems with the install of 14965 in the laptop but on my desktop I had to do two attempts to get it to install; it restored previous version - then reinstalled and worked flawlessly. However, I have the same issues on the desktop, too. I haven't gone back to see how severe it is and if your suggestions might be applicable. Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 13,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       3 Weeks Ago #86

    magilla said: View Post
    Thanks, Cliff. I have already gone back to 14959 build. It is very stable and works with everything I use. Task bar and start menu works well and I do have access to my notes that relate to builds. This current 14965 build took my notes out! restoring to 14959 restored the notes I have made since Jan 2015. I may go back to the current build and try it again. I'll then look at this response from you and see if it works to correct any problems. Interesting, I had no problems with the install of 14965 in the laptop but on my desktop I had to do two attempts to get it to install; it restored previous version - then reinstalled and worked flawlessly. However, I have the same issues on the desktop, too. I haven't gone back to see how severe it is and if your suggestions might be applicable. Thanks.
    Like I said above I don't use sticky notes, so I ask, is there a way to back them up to say OneDrive or a folder?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 13,379
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       3 Weeks Ago #87

    For general information:

    I have been testing all the Malwarebytes Anti Exploit betas on all the insider builds for sometime, and providing feedback to Malwarebytes.
    And they just a little while ago(less than an hour) came out with a new beta(1.09.1.1254) and it plays well in the current insider build(and Edge).
    Anyone else interested, go to this thread post for the link: Solved Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit - Page 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 559
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       3 Weeks Ago #88

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Like I said above I don't use sticky notes, so I ask, is there a way to back them up to say OneDrive or a folder?
    I did make a copy of them to Onedrive. --after going back to build 14959. Couldn't do anything with them in this build. I didn't run your suggestion since the identical events display on both laptop and desktop. So has to be something with build and not my systems. I think that the enhancements they are trying with sticky notes is likely the problem. Hopefully they'll get that straightened out. They had added several enhancements - see page 1 notes - but not ready for prime time. I may make my iso and do a full install and see if that does anything?????
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,196
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       3 Weeks Ago #89

    Hi,

    Have you tried resetting the app ?

    Mine is working just fine.

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 559
    Windows 10 and windows 8.1
       3 Weeks Ago #90

    Discovery of solution


    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    Have you tried resetting the app ?

    Mine is working just fine.

    Cheers,
    don't know how to 'reset' the application. I notice that I enabled Insights and that is what screws it up. It freezes up and I get a 'busy' circle that looks like it is trying to refresh but never does --- can't open or close any note.
    Edit: Did find how to reset. Lost all notes but had them 'copied' to Onedrive and restored them. Thanks
    Last edited by magilla; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:03. Reason: Discovery
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC
790991162647547904 790962075874922496 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14955 for Mobile and PC | Windows Experience Blog PC:
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371
745376304942350337 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267
700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums