Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,346
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Oct 2016 #111

    jyusa said: View Post
    Foer those who won't get update fast enough, let's listen why according to a OEM system builder:
    MS put priority to those who reply feed back or report bug for insider's updates.
    I have thought that may be the reason why some Insiders don't get new builds when first released.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 26,862
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 Oct 2016 #112

    I've never hear of such a thing. To me it would be hard to tie in the feedback system with the order of who gets the latest insider build first.

    I thought it was an random thing and more of a first come first to the newest build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,216
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       29 Oct 2016 #113

    Hi,

    jyusa said: View Post
    Foer those who won't get update fast enough, let's listen why according to a OEM system builder:
    MS put priority to those who reply feed back or report bug for insider's updates.
    Good grief.... And there's an algorithm for that too ??

    What utter nonsense.

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 26,862
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 Oct 2016 #114

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    Good grief.... And there's an algorithm for that too ??

    What utter nonsense.

    Cheers,
    +1.. I would love to see a link to back this statement up.. if there is any.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,077
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Oct 2016 #115

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I've never hear of such a thing. To me it would be hard to tie in the feedback system with the order of who gets the latest insider build first.

    I thought it was an random thing and more of a first come first to the newest build.
    I agree. Just a few builds back I decided to join one more Hyper-V vm to Insider Program using a brand new Microsoft account. The very next Fast ring release gave that machine the upgrade within minutes of Dona's tweet. The Microsoft account was like a few days old, never any feedback given.

    Out of personal interest repeated that now, this time starting from scratch. Clean installed 1607 on a vm, with a local account. Signed up for Insider program with an email that has never been used as a sign in account to any Windows machine, which has never been in Insider program.

    Maybe this coming week we'll get a new build, let's see what happens.


    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    Good grief.... And there's an algorithm for that too ??

    What utter nonsense.

    Cheers,
    Just one of these theories coined up by someone thinking "I have this issue, therefore the reason I think being behind it must be the true reason although never confirmed by anyone else" which then when spread converts to a "fact".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,346
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Oct 2016 #116

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I've never hear of such a thing. To me it would be hard to tie in the feedback system with the order of who gets the latest insider build first.

    I thought it was an random thing and more of a first come first to the newest build.
    With todays technology why would this be hard. I'm not saying it's true, just that it is possible. I doubt that it would be first come, first to receive. Most of us check as soon as we hear a build is released. Some get the build and some have to wait.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,216
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       29 Oct 2016 #117

    Hi,

    With todays technology why would this be hard.
    Even so what would be the point ? A gratification to whoever provides the most feedback ?

    Let's get real here. MS is a corporation not one known for toying around.

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    29 Oct 2016 #118

    I switched to Insider from a clean install of AU, got the new Build right away. Haven't given any Feedback in months!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,346
    Windows 10 Pro
       29 Oct 2016 #119

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    Even so what would be the point ? A gratification to whoever provides the most feedback ?

    Let's get real here. MS is a corporation not one known for toying around.

    Cheers,
    I'm not saying that is the reason "I'm only say that it is one possibility. I don't know what it is but there has to be a reason some Insiders get the builds as soon as they are released and others don't. It would be interesting to hear what others think the reason is.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2016
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro [Build 14942]
       29 Oct 2016 #120

    Anyone else have problems with the "Alarms & Clock" app on Windows Mobile 10 (Build 14955) not showing AM/PM anymore?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20161030_0001.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	108154

    Had to install a 3rd party app (Alarm Clock HD) in order to be able to set Alarms after updating to 14955.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14372 for PC and Mobile
747914614780792833 746101015137624066 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14372 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283
707990670137368576 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14283 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.122
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.122 is now available for Windows Insiders in the Slow and Release Preview rings. 705091449893703681 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.122 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums