Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,549
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14986
       21 Oct 2016 #1

    Anniversary Update is Now on 77 Percent of Windows 10 PCs


    It looks like Microsoft has finally worked out the kinks: The Anniversary Update is now installed on 77 percent of Windows 10-based PCs. That’s double the figure from a month ago.

    I first reported this surge in Windows Device Stats: Windows 10 Mobile and HP Elite x3 Both Stumble in October. But this bears a closer look, as many readers have asked about the slow deployment of the Anniversary Update.

    As you may recall, Microsoft released the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 back in early August, and those who do perform the upgrade will see that the OS has been upgraded to version 1607. For the first few weeks of availability, there was little indication that anything was wrong—a strange freeze issue notwithstanding—but then the problems started. (Microsoft finally fixed those freezes issues weeks later.)...


    Read more: Anniversary Update is Now on 77 Percent of Windows 10 PCs - Thurrott.com
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    21 Oct 2016 #2

    Blogged about this for Windows Enterprise Desktop this morning. I do NOT concur with Paul Thurrot that issues with the Annniversary update are now mostly fixed. See my explanation: Win10 AU Zooms Into Majority Status - Windows Enterprise Desktop.
    Cheers!
    --Ed--
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 1,150
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       22 Oct 2016 #3

    There will be no AU on my systems until I see confirmation that the missing drive / RAW bug is fixed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,341
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       22 Oct 2016 #4

    The TAFE PCs that I use on my course are all still on W10 1507.

    EdTittel said: View Post
    I do NOT concur with Paul Thurrot that issues with the Annniversary update are now mostly fixed. See my explanation: Win10 AU Zooms Into Majority Status - Windows Enterprise Desktop.
    That link doesn't work for me.
    I can get to other articles though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Pro
       23 Oct 2016 #5

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    The TAFE PCs that I use on my course are all still on W10 1507.


    That link doesn't work for me.
    I can get to other articles though.

    It works for me. Is there a specific error you're encountering when trying to visit the link?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Black Eddition
       24 Oct 2016 #6

    i get this page has been blocked by my isp do to security validation issues
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Kenner
    Posts : 171
    Windows 10 Home x64
       24 Oct 2016 #7

    You have to appreciate MS "finally worked out the kinks". Hopefully they will learn from this, as it sure frustrated a lot of users
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 Pro
       24 Oct 2016 #8

    Ozzy666 said: View Post
    i get this page has been blocked by my isp do to security validation issues
    Here's whats on the page for those having trouble seeing it.

    Win10 AU Zooms Into Majority Status - Windows Enterprise Desktop

    Paul Thurrott reports this morning that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (AU) is now running on a sizable majority for active users of the latest flagship version. In fact, Win10 AU zooms into majority status with 77 percent of all Windows 10-based PCs having upgraded. The progression of numbers has been dramatic since its release on August 2. Some 16.2 percent upgraded by late August, with 35.5 percent by the end of September, and 77 percent right now.
    The stretched out uptake comes in part because MS did not roll out the AU to all users through Windows update immediately. Thurrott speculates, in fact, that MS deliberately slowed the pace to provide time to diagnose and fix various problems it manifested. But with uptake now over three-quarters of active users on the Current Branch, he goes on to speculate further that:

    • the AU will be “fully deployed by the end of November”
    • “the problems are finally behind us,” meaning that webcam, OS hangs and freezes, and other issues are now mostly fixed

    Win10 AU Zooms Into Majority Status Does NOT Mean “Mostly Fixed”

    I’ve been hanging out on TenForums quite a bit for the past month, trying to gauge the current state of the Anniversary Update. Unlike Thurrott, I am not yet convinced that the undeniable issues with this release are “mostly fixed.” Indeed, an unusual number of cumulative updates show since the AU appeared. From the MS Support listing for Updates for Windows 10 Version 1607 , there are 8 such updates:
    October 11, 2016—KB3194798 (OS Build 14393.321)
    September 29, 2016 — KB3194496 (OS Builds 14393.222)
    September 20, 2016 — KB3193494 (OS Builds 14393.187 and 14393.189)
    September 13, 2016 — KB3189866 (OS Builds 14393.187 and 14393.189)
    August 31, 2016 — KB3176938 (OS Build 14393.105)
    August 23, 2016 — KB3176934 (OS Build 14393.82)
    August 9, 2016 — KB3176495 (OS Build 14393.51)
    August 2, 2016 — KB3176929 (OS Build 14393.10)

    Users at TenForums report issues installing many of these (and other) Windows 10 updates. Sometimes, manual downloads from the Update Catalog overcome Windows Update service ills. Sometimes, they don’t. And sometimes, Windows Update itself goes wonky. Numerous users report problems getting Windows Update to work normally after install problems occur. Lately, the issue with Windows freezes has declined in frequency. But numerous users still report freezes, and are being forced to roll back to the 1511 version to restore their PCs to working order.
    The number and frequency of cumulative updates also indicates — IMO — that issues keep popping up. The traffic on TenForums makes this assertion more credible, too. There’s been a raft of rants, complaints, and grumbling that matches or exceeds anything I’ve seen since Windows 8 appeared. That’s not something that MS wants!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,363
    Windows 10 Pro
       24 Oct 2016 #9

    Add one more to the list. Saturday my wife bought a new All-in-One Acer Aspire Z AZC-700G-UW61. After removing all the preinstalled software that she will never use I upgraded to the AU with all updates. Not a powerhouse but perfect for what she does.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 1,150
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       24 Oct 2016 #10

    vgchat said: View Post
    Here's whats on the page for those having trouble seeing it.

    Win10 AU Zooms Into Majority Status - Windows Enterprise Desktop

    Paul Thurrott reports this morning that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (AU) is now running on a sizable majority for active users of the latest flagship version. In fact, Win10 AU zooms into majority status with 77 percent of all Windows 10-based PCs having upgraded. The progression of numbers has been dramatic since its release on August 2. Some 16.2 percent upgraded by late August, with 35.5 percent by the end of September, and 77 percent right now.
    The stretched out uptake comes in part because MS did not roll out the AU to all users through Windows update immediately. Thurrott speculates, in fact, that MS deliberately slowed the pace to provide time to diagnose and fix various problems it manifested. But with uptake now over three-quarters of active users on the Current Branch, he goes on to speculate further that:

    • the AU will be “fully deployed by the end of November”
    • “the problems are finally behind us,” meaning that webcam, OS hangs and freezes, and other issues are now mostly fixed

    Win10 AU Zooms Into Majority Status Does NOT Mean “Mostly Fixed”

    I’ve been hanging out on TenForums quite a bit for the past month, trying to gauge the current state of the Anniversary Update. Unlike Thurrott, I am not yet convinced that the undeniable issues with this release are “mostly fixed.” Indeed, an unusual number of cumulative updates show since the AU appeared. From the MS Support listing for Updates for Windows 10 Version 1607 , there are 8 such updates:
    October 11, 2016—KB3194798 (OS Build 14393.321)
    September 29, 2016 — KB3194496 (OS Builds 14393.222)
    September 20, 2016 — KB3193494 (OS Builds 14393.187 and 14393.189)
    September 13, 2016 — KB3189866 (OS Builds 14393.187 and 14393.189)
    August 31, 2016 — KB3176938 (OS Build 14393.105)
    August 23, 2016 — KB3176934 (OS Build 14393.82)
    August 9, 2016 — KB3176495 (OS Build 14393.51)
    August 2, 2016 — KB3176929 (OS Build 14393.10)

    Users at TenForums report issues installing many of these (and other) Windows 10 updates. Sometimes, manual downloads from the Update Catalog overcome Windows Update service ills. Sometimes, they don’t. And sometimes, Windows Update itself goes wonky. Numerous users report problems getting Windows Update to work normally after install problems occur. Lately, the issue with Windows freezes has declined in frequency. But numerous users still report freezes, and are being forced to roll back to the 1511 version to restore their PCs to working order.
    The number and frequency of cumulative updates also indicates — IMO — that issues keep popping up. The traffic on TenForums makes this assertion more credible, too. There’s been a raft of rants, complaints, and grumbling that matches or exceeds anything I’ve seen since Windows 8 appeared. That’s not something that MS wants!
    That's very interesting, but has the missing drives / RAW format bug been fixed yet?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cannot Update to Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Freeze during Update)
Search Results I am trying to update from Windows 10 OS Build 10586.589 to the Anniversary Update but my computer freezes at 1% progress. I have tried everything I can think of including: Unplugging all extra SATA drives except my main SSD,...
Windows Updates and Activation
75 percent of Windows Phone Owners Migrate to Android or iOS
75 percent of Windows Phone Owners Migrate to Android or iOS If this is even close to accurate paints a dismal future for MS in this market segment. Although they do have the resources and tenacity to keep pounding away.
General Support
Only 2 Percent of Windows 10 Consumers Using Microsoft Edge Browser
Source
Windows 10 News
Upgrade from Windows 8.1 always fails at 22 percent completed
Hi guys, My installation of Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 always fails at the 22% mark. This has happened about 6-7 times. I've tried deleting the items in the download folder, as well as the setupprep.exe in the Windows WS folder. I'm using the...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:04.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums