Camera app: 2016.1016.12.0 for PC and Mobile
Applicable Rings: Fast
Simplified, more familiar camera interface
We've redesigned the Camera interface for ease and accessibility. Check out some of our new features:
- Enjoy taking photos, videos, and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons.
- Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control.
- Get to Settings faster! Now, launch into Settings directly from the camera UI.
- Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen.
- Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider.
- Make sure you nailed the shot, with a more noticeable capture animation.
- Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control.
- On PC, use the spacebar as a shortcut to take pictures.
Experience the magic of living images on your Surface, now enabled on Surface Book, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, and Surface 3! With living images, extend your still captures with a snippet of video. These are created automatically whenever your shots feature motionójust navigate to Settings and turn on Capture living images.
This release features a variety of performance improvements to enhance your experience. We've added faster shot-to-shot support, improved feedback for saving large videos to SD cards, and improved camera startup time, among other improvements.