Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

  1. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 10,631
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Oct 2016 #111

    sgage said: View Post
    What a drag! CountMike below suggests a HW issue. One possibility might be your display adapter drivers - MS has been fiddling around with them of late, it seems. Maybe try a fallback to earlier version? Or try the MS Basic Display driver - that's what I've had to do for the last several drivers, though that seems to be because I have an ancient CPU that doesn't do SSE4. But they worked fine until about 14926, maybe the build before.
    I think I may download Build 14931 if I can find it, but, I want to solve this mystery! I'm not one to just let it go if I can figure out a way to fix it.

    I'm going to take CountMike's suggestion and go into the BIOS and turn off power saving options, that is, if HP has left it open for me to do.

    While I'm in there, I would like to change the boot order so that my flash drive will be the first one looked for, but I'm not sure about American Megatrends' labeling system . . . would the flash drive be:

    A. USB Floppy/CD or
    B. USB HDD

    Also, why are the IPv4 and IPv6 Network Cards listed as boot devices?

    Currently, my Crucial 500GB SSD is first in line.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Digital Entitlement
       08 Oct 2016 #112

    Wynona said: View Post
    Hmmmmm, I could set it to never go to sleep! Wonder if that would work?
    You might also want to check all of your power options very, very carefully.

    My Core i7 965 ee based machine w/ 12 GB of RAM doesn't like sleeping in WinX at all. I experience similar issues to what you are. But for many IP builds I had everything dialed correctly and had 0 problems.

    A few builds back, it started being silly - I select shut down and it would reboot. Turns out, that build changed one of my settings - it re-enabled the Fast boot setting which does not work on my system, which I had disabled ages ago. Every build since then keeps enabling it again.

    Something similar may be happening to you as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 123
    Windows 10 Latest build
       08 Oct 2016 #113

    Something’s gone wrong somewhere with this build, this is the first time I’m having issues with wakeup from sleep
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 10,631
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Oct 2016 #114

    bordi said: View Post
    Something’s gone wrong somewhere with this build, this is the first time I’m having issues with wakeup from sleep
    What are your issues, Bordi?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 123
    Windows 10 Latest build
       08 Oct 2016 #115

    Instead of waking up when I move the mouse the system reboots
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,114
    All kinds
       08 Oct 2016 #116

    Wynona said: View Post
    I think I may download Build 14931 if I can find it, but, I want to solve this mystery! I'm not one to just let it go if I can figure out a way to fix it.

    I'm going to take CountMike's suggestion and go into the BIOS and turn off power saving options, that is, if HP has left it open for me to do.

    While I'm in there, I would like to change the boot order so that my flash drive will be the first one looked for, but I'm not sure about American Megatrends' labeling system . . . would the flash drive be:

    A. USB Floppy/CD or
    B. USB HDD

    Also, why are the IPv4 and IPv6 Network Cards listed as boot devices?

    Currently, my Crucial 500GB SSD is first in line.
    USB-HDD for windows and most Linux boot disks.
    Also, why are the IPv4 and IPv6 Network Cards listed as boot devices because it can be booted remotely. While you are at it, check if WOL (Wake on LAN) is enabled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Join Date : Feb 2015
    3rd Rock
    Posts : 117
    Windows 10 Digital Entitlement
       08 Oct 2016 #117

    Wynona said: View Post
    I think I may download Build 14931 if I can find it, but, I want to solve this mystery! I'm not one to just let it go if I can figure out a way to fix it.

    I'm going to take CountMike's suggestion and go into the BIOS and turn off power saving options, that is, if HP has left it open for me to do.

    While I'm in there, I would like to change the boot order so that my flash drive will be the first one looked for, but I'm not sure about American Megatrends' labeling system . . . would the flash drive be:

    A. USB Floppy/CD or
    B. USB HDD

    Also, why are the IPv4 and IPv6 Network Cards listed as boot devices?

    Currently, my Crucial 500GB SSD is first in line.
    I have ever IP build since 14316, all built using Kari's ISO utility from the downloaded ESD creating full, uncompressed .ISOs including 14931, if you need.

    Mind you, I just tried get on my computer and it would not wake up either. But typing a bunch of letters and hitting enter it brought up the incorrect password dialog, at which point the screen actually woke up. So I might be facing the same issue as you.

    I will investigate it more. The fast startup (I called it fast boot in my last post) setting was, again, enabled....

    For the flash drive, it will probably be USB HDD, but you might have more options of the drive is connected before you post on and go into the BIOS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    08 Oct 2016 #118

    This version is back to how it was before 14936, in that it will not install and keeps restoring the previous build .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 10,631
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Oct 2016 #119

    bordi said: View Post
    Instead of waking up when I move the mouse the system reboots
    Wow! Mine just won't wake up!

    So, there's probably something wrong in our Power settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Join Date : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 10,631
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Oct 2016 #120

    johngalt said: View Post
    I have ever IP build since 14316, all built using Kari's ISO utility from the downloaded ESD creating full, uncompressed .ISOs including 14931, if you need.

    Mind you, I just tried get on my computer and it would not wake up either. But typing a bunch of letters and hitting enter it brought up the incorrect password dialog, at which point the screen actually woke up. So I might be facing the same issue as you.
    I didn't try typing anything, so that might be a workaround, but still a pain in the tookus.

    johngalt said: View Post
    I will investigate it more. The fast startup (I called it fast boot in my last post) setting was, again, enabled....

    For the flash drive, it will probably be USB HDD, but you might have more options of the drive is connected before you post on and go into the BIOS.
    I'll look forward to your further investigation and report.

    I don't know if it will work for you, but Simrick gave me this link to disable hibernation completely. It can't hurt, and just might keep fast boot/startup from being reactivated with each new Build.

    Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/920730

    Last edited by Brink; 08 Oct 2016 at 11:15.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC on Slow ring
783714051293646850 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Insiders in the Slow ring - Feedback Hub See also: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Download Insider Build 14931 ISO:...
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.221 for Release Preview Ring
Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.22 for PC and Build 14393.221 for Mobile now available - Feedback Hub 103408 How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your Windows...
Windows 10 News
Insider preview 11099 is now on Fast ring
Insider preview 11099 is now available in Fast ring. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-11099/
Windows Insider
Insider Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10134 May Hit Fast Ring Soon
Source 605240532932169728
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums