HOW TO GET IT
- If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 PM PDT 9/26/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1610.160923-1900
Available: 2:00PM PDT 9/25 (9:00PM GMT 25/9)
- Resolved an issue which sometimes prevented users from launching digital or disc based games.
Movies and TV
- Resolved an issue where the Closed Captioning was appearing in the middle of the screen when watching a movie or TV through the Movies and TV app.
- When using Cortana to search the store for genres (ie. “Hey Cortana, search the Store for Horror”, search results fail to populate.
Workaround:Search for genres via text.
- When receiving voice messages from another user, you may not receive a notification.
- When viewing Clubs, you may still see the option to start a Club Party even if you are not a Club member.