Hi Insiders -
On September 21, 2016, we released the September feature update for Office 2016 to our Office Insider Slow audience. To get the update immediately, open any Office 2016 app and choose File
> Update Options
> Update Now
. After you update, you should see either 16.0.7369.2017 or Version 1609 (7369.2017).
What's new in this release?
New features this month:
- Ink replay: To understand what’s behind the ink you see on a PowerPoint slide, click Draw > Ink Replay to rewind and replay the ink strokes. You can use this feature to follow a sequence of handwritten notes and drawings, review step-by-step instructions, or see the order in which somebody else marked up the slide. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription)
- Better recordings: In PowerPoint, you can add a Recording tab to the ribbon, create a presentation made up of recorded slides, screen recordings, and inserted video, and then share that recorded content to be viewed remotely on Docs.com. You can also embed quizzes to assist with remote learning and make your presentation more interactive, as well as change the ink color right from the palette in the recording pane. To learn more, see Record your slide show in PowerPoint. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription)
- Accessibility built right in: In Outlook, we’ve improved keyboard and assistive technology experiences for reading email, scheduling meetings, and adding a signature.
- New data transformations and connectivity enhancements: In Excel, add parameters to your queries, or create new queries from Merge or Append operations. You can also use the Web connector to preview web pages. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription)
- We’re listening: In any Office 2016 app, click File > Feedback to tell us what you like or don’t like, or to suggest new features. (Feature requires an Office 365 subscription)