HOW TO GET IT
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160722-1911
- If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.
- If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 2:00 PM PDT 7/25/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
Available: 6:00PM PDT 7/24 (1:00 AM GMT 25/7)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
My Games & Apps
- Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
- Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
- Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
- Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
- Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
- We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
Purchased gamertag changes
- Resolved an issue which could cause certain universal apps (Movies & TV) language selections not to function properly on the console.
- Resolved and issue with Game DVR where game clips would fail to upload to Xbox Live.
- Resolved an issue where pending UWA updates automatically started when launching the app.
- Resolved and issue with MSN Weather App.
- Resolved an issue where UWAs were taking 5+ seconds to show splash screen on first launch with no indication of activity.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
- Resolved an issue where purchased gamertag changes were hanging in purchase flow.
- You may be unable to answer calls through Skype notifications.
- You may experience a “Do you own this game or app?” error when launching or using Netflix if it was installed by another user on the console.
- Workaround: While signed in as the primary user, uninstall Netflix, navigate to the Store, search for Netflix and select Free to download and install it.
- Purchasing a Gamertag change on the console is not functioning in non-US locales at this time.
- When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
- When using a language Cortana does not support, you may still see references to Cortana in text.
My Games & Apps
- If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
- You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
- If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
- Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.