Primary Chrome and Secondary IE11 for my usage.
Primary Chrome and Secondary IE11 for my usage.
I take Waterfox first which prevails over FF in most cases while still having the latest of both on. For me it's not any contest of browsers but keeping the one set for default found to be the most "Reliable" in use. WF being less intrusive on resources then the others always helps too!
Maxthon, with no plugins needed. All the functions I need are built in. No secondary browser needed, it can instantly switch from Chrome based to IE based.
I am using Edge and Google chrome but Edge use less CPU when playing videos online like on YouTube on my dual core PC so It's my fav on windows 10 and I cannot wait until I can install extensions on it
Edge is far better geared for web content then you will typically find with other browsers that may need additional plugins if not some type of flash player. It was designed to run on mobile as well as desktop platforms where the embedded browser has to come with everything already included in order to be Media Savay as well as running on battery powered tablets, Windows Phone, etc.
Google on the other hand has their own forms of Andriod and iOS type built in browsers for smart phones, IPads, IPhones while Chrome was essentially a made for Windows type browser initially for desktop.
You might opt to use the Ecosia search engine as an alternative to duckduckgo, google, yahoo...etc. Using Ecosia as a search engine plants needed trees on our beautiful planet earth.
Firefox since version 42 is also seeing a 64bit flavor as well. Cyberfox is the Australian form of FF there with a 64bit version too. You can actually have all three on but can only run one or the other at a time. When one newer version of WF, FF, or CF runs into issues I then will alternate between them as to which will then be made the default until the next or release to follow sees the corrections made.
The main build here will tend to see Waterfox run as the default while the second desktop runs the 64bit FF there as well as on the 10 laptop. As for search engines I typically end up dumping Google, Yahoo, Ask, and others leaving Bing as the preferred overall. Every so often either a Waterfox or FF update will bump things back to Google or Yahoo and I have to go the same all over again at dumping what I end up not wanting.
If I find need to get results from another engine I simply add the name of it at the end of the item being searched like looking up a WikiPedia definition I would simply type "bluetooth headsets WikiPedia" and hit the search button to find Wikipedia links first in the results following an animation of how it's done pc with the title: " Connect a Bluetooth audio device or wireless display to your PC" from the "Help from Microsoft" them always managing to get in there somewhere of course. Typical of MS as you can imagine!
Waterfox was the first 64bit browser to come along right after W7 made it's initial entrance into the ball bark to compete back then with the then new 64bit IE coming in with 7. The WF project was started up to find a way to create a 64bit variant for FF that Mozilla had left in limbo until last year! It's still basically FF coded but an independent project there.
[QUOTE=namitutonka;843456]I now use Waterfox x64, and I believe it must use less resources. My Firefox x86 32-bit browser kept hanging with "not responding" within 2 minutes of running the browser. It may have been my Dell XPS 9250's 4.5-watt TDP CPU which is a Skylake Intel Core m5 processor. My other PC with a 77-watt TDP delidded overclocked Core i5 3570K had no problem with Firefox x86. Nevertheless, now my i5 3570K PC is running 64-bit Waterfox as well.
It's funny that my Dell XPS 9250 runs 62-bit Waterfox without a hiccup. My faster desktop on the other hand very frequently displays "not responding" whether Firefox or Waterfox 64-bit is being used. Both systems running fully updated Win10.
Often it will prove not to be the browser but the modem or router needing to be refreshed. I just ran into laptop and desktop alike suddenly not even connecting until the power on both the ISP modem/router combo used by both two desktops for hard wiring RJ-45 on the 10 side of each machine's 10/7 dual boots and the separate router with both hard wire port and WiFi for the laptop.
When the connection was lost again in only a couple of hours I realized that the power(ISP gear and Cisco Linksys router alike) wasn't unplugged long enough on the first attempt when a friend suddenly lost connection. When the fast refresh was longer on the second attempt allowing more time for the ISP modem/router combo to sync fully the connection has remained prompt and steadfast since.
On previous occasions if and when connection was lost you might find both hardwares were still in sync with the ISP and Windows had to be refreshed by releasing the present network configuration to allow W10 to detect everything all over again fresh. That can often remedy a number of connection issues when you see the connection lost or slow down out of the clear blue. The old "ipconfig" commands at the command prompt that are used to resolve the network issue that comes up.