Working fine here.
After joyfully boasting about my previous 3-4 "perfect" upgrade sequences, this one got a bit more "interesting"--it failed the first three attempts--attempts 1 & 2 were made through the flight upgrade process through WU from 14376--both attempts failed at 76% complete--hard system lockup I had to hard-reset out of. First attempt was with secure boot on; second with secure boot off. No difference.
For the third (unsuccessful) attempt I used the install.esd file plucked from c:\$WINDOWS.~BT locally. I decrypted it with esd-decrypter-winlib-22.7z and then used the resulting ISO to repeat my attempt at upgrading from 14376--which also failed @ 76% complete. It gets more interesting here...
I decided to use another .esd so I downloaded the x64 PRO CLIENT En-US .esd from wzor. I then used the same decrypter which decrypted the 14379 install.esd as mentioned in the above paragraph, but suddenly the decrypter was failing and throwing errors--so I then ran the included .cmd file update_esd_cryptokey_data.cmd to update the decrypter with presumably the correct key--which I did not expect to have to do because of the previous success with the 14379 install.esd that resulted without having to execute the update-key commands! With the updated key the decrypter worked properly and produced the appropriate ISO from the wzor-supplied .esd...I also noted that the byte size of both ISOs matched to the byte. But the wzor .esd successfully upgraded and installed on first attempt, with secure boot on and no other problems at all.
One thing I noticed this evening was that in Microsoft's Feedback section (filters: most recent/problems/Windows installation and Recovery, etc./Windows installation) I saw more failure reports on the install of 14379 than I have ever seen on a Win10 build before. It was surprising, in fact. My thinking is that somehow the install.esd file in $WINDOWS.~BT was being corrupted by some process during WU and that the data corruption was causing the upgrade installs through WU to fail (at 76% complete consistently)--and additionally, this would have allowed my decrypter software to attempt to decrypt the install.esd without being updated to the latest key--because the decrypter didn't recognize that the install.esd file required an updated key--thus, what was decrypted initially was a corrupted ISO that could not have properly installed under any conditions. That at least is the only theory I have that explains all of this divergent data...
It occurs to me constantly that I really must enjoy beta testing to plod through all of these bugs and buggy processes--but I love problem solving and so on--so I suppose that explains it. And I guess all's well that ends well...!
yep, this is the first build in at least 6 months that didn't upgrade smoothly for me..
I still cant get it to download properly, so not sure whats next
14379 installed cleanly on my Desktop, Laptop and my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Previous build (14376) installed on the Venue but I had not touch capability. I wiped it, restored 8.1 then upgraded to the 10586 TH2 build. The upgrade to this build went perfectly and everything works, no problems this time.
The upgrade from 367 to 372 to 379 here went smooth as silk with the usual need to reinstall the sound card's software once again! So far no immediate problems found. But that will take time if any are to be found.
Noticing that when I wake up my monitor after it sleeps, only 1/4 of the screen is being used with everything else cut off. I have to change the resolution and then back to fix it. Funny that these later builds have been buggier for me.