Glad it worked out for you! The BT folder option I was testing was to see what options would be there if it was to work at all and mainly only seems to work as the Refresh PC type option for a clean install unless having first seen the update on the same. The BT transfer apparently didn't recognise the second VM as being the original VM updated. You can get a good clean install at least as long as you have a backup of the boot.wim file to toss into the BT\Source\sources sub folder however.
Wish I had this information before I upgraded. But for some reason I could not do a Custom upgrade from 316 to 332 - the installer claimed it could not determine if 316 was Windows! However all my data was backed up and all my programs (and purchased keys if any) were backed up so I was doing a clean re-install of those as well which was a good thing. I also hope the next upgrade will be through WU rather than messing with VMs and .esd conversions. I still get p"ing icmp open socket: Socket type not supported" in the the Ubuntu environment when initally it worked fine. Need to research or more likely uninstall the feature and re-install.
What I did here which does work is either see a fresh 7 install upgrade to the Threshold 2 update 10586.168 and allow that to then see the Get insider builds option enabled or simply slap a TH2 clean install on and still end up enabling the Insider program option to see the latest go on. The BT folder install on VM was mainly a test to see how and what options could be seen from a manual startup of the 10 installer.
Unfortunately without the upgrade option unless already downloaded by way of the WU the transferred BT folder only sees the clean install option since it considers the upgrade path to be invalid. Each Windows install having a unique id is the apparent reason for running into that problem. The upgrade option for a live iso install even on a VM on the other hand is the independent install being seen there. The 10 installer then properly detects the previous version's activation or the DE for a previous 10 install.
Coming in July however the main build will simply be seeing the Redstone 1 update remain while the second desktop and VMs will continue on with the newer builds that follow. At that time the entire 10/7 dual boot will be seeing everything put on totally fresh all from scratch! With 4tb of storage/backup space internally as well as another 1tb drive externally plugged in I think I most everything covered!
In the Preview VMs I just install the 1511 with my Windows 8.1 key as a fresh install. Join the Insider Program and the upgrade come down almost immediately.
Some of the VMs lasted through several updates from the TH2 forward. The 10 Home VM came all the up from the 10565 Insider Preview back when you could still download the preview builds in ISO form. That was also about the time I put on a 7 Pro VM just seeing an upgrade to 10 a week ago and then replaced on the same vhd by a manual BT folder clean install to see the 332 build go on. The 7 Ultimate VM also saw the 332 but by way of the WU there.
An interesting detail I now found out, totally accidentally: Edge spell checker seems to regognize languages.
I wrote an email in Swedish about an hour ago using Outlook Web App (not same as outlook.com web interface). I had one word misspelled and shown with that red underline. Right clicking the word the correct Swedish spelling was offered.
Ten minutes later composed another email, this time in Finnish. The same thing, two words misspelled and red underlined.
I have never noticed this before, I have been thinking that as I have EN-GB Windows and Edge, the spell check only works in English.
I am unable to tell if this is a feature in Edge or in Outlook Web App, or if it has sometyhing to do with the fact that I have both Finnish and Swedish languages installed on my system. Whatever the reason, I have never before seen a browser or a browser based app to regognize different languages.
Discoveries in ...
i noticed this speller behavior in Mail app.
FF and Waterfox have spell checkers as well. But! only in the one language! The same would be seen with any other browser including Edge.
I would tend to immediately suspect the Outlook app you have there also includes a spelling checking tool and is apparently linked to language packs already present on the local system that would be what sees instant correction in order to be able to move from one language to another that quickly.