*Now successfully installed updates.
The error message I got was:
'System Thread Exception Not handled'.
I read somewhere that this is a graphic card-driver issue, I did the below steps, not sure which one actually worked!
- Uninstalled KIS since it wasn't able to start application
- was Unable to turn on Win defender
- downloaded latest drivers for my NVIDIA Quadro graphic card
- at this point the computer automatically restarted to run both NVIDIA driver and Win updates.
- Updated and restarted without incident.
I have also installed the KIS back after the updates.
At least the lpt port driver is fixed.
Updated with no issues and finally since the th2 release this update seems to have corrected the dxgmms2.sys System Service Exception BSOD that I, along with many others have been getting with NVidia cards on their post 347.88 drivers in some DirectX games.
My first big update via Windows Update Mini Tool, painless.
8 minutes to download and install, 4 minutes to restart.
The last big update failed, I had to reinstall Windows.
backup disc. I going to beat it up for a few days then I'll redo the original disc.
Once again, Thanks for your help!
All systems updated:
My main PC the one in the specs, a 5 years old Asus Notebook; a 3 years old HP (PROBOOK 450); a 5 Years old Asus Netbook and a new 7" Tablet; all tested and all working fine, as always.