Today, we are releasing Build 14271 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We’re also releasing Build 14267.1004 for mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This will be the first time we release builds for PC and mobile on the same day and at the same time. For PC, Build 14271 brings a lot of improvements and bug fixes that are based on feedback we have received from Windows Insiders.
Getting feedback is an integral part of the Windows Insider Program. After each build upgrade or after certain activities, Windows will often ask for feedback. The answers to these questions is used by our engineering teams to understand how Windows Insiders feel about a particular experience or a particular build. Starting with Build 14271 and newer, the frequency in which Windows will ask for your feedback will be locked to “Automatically (Recommended)” in the Settings app and managed by the Windows Insider Program. If having the ability to change this setting is important to you – you can roll back to the Windows 10 November Update (the latest build or future builds in our Current Branch) and disable Windows 10 Insider Preview builds on that device. You will then be able to change this setting. While we don’t require Windows Insiders to answer these questions, we do hope they take the time to answer them so that we can better improve Windows for our customers.
Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267.1004
Build 14267.1004 is the same build we released on Friday
but with two very important fixes and one new feature:
- We fixed the issue reported by Insiders in Build 14267 where the Lumia 550 no longer charges or connects via USB. If you hit this issue on your Lumia 550 – we have laid out guidance on various methods to get back into a good state here.
- We fixed the issue preventing Visual Voicemail notifications from happening.
- We’re introducing Visual Voicemail for dual-SIM devices such as dual-SIM Lumia 950 XL! Work for this feature was in Friday’s release but due to the above mentioned bug impacting notifications it was not working correctly. But now the experience should be working as expected.
- We’ve released an update to the People app that brings back the history feature. For a given contact you communicate with, you can view the interaction, whether by today, yesterday, last week etc. Right now, your Skype messages won’t show up in history yet but we’re working on enabling this in a future update. Also – we’re tracking a bug in which opening an email item in history might not take you to that specific email.
We also have some additional known issues we’d like to note:
- If you have the Windows Feedback app pinned to Start, after upgrading from Build 10586.107 it will no longer show as pinned.
- We are seeing reports from Windows Insiders of issues connecting to wireless displays. We’re investigating.
- When using Continuum on the Lumia 950 XL – the trackpad experience is not working correctly.
As a reminder, we are initially making new mobile builds from our Development Branch available only to devices that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile. Currently this includes the Lumia 950, 950 XL, 650, 550
, and Xiaomi Mi4
. Today we are also adding support for the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce XL
. We plan to expand to other devices once we start releasing Windows 10 Mobile to other devices. If you are a Windows Insider on a device not mentioned above, you can stay in the Fast ring and sit tight until we expand to other devices or go back to Build 10586 and switch to the Release Preview Ring to continue helping us test Cumulative Updates. For more information about our rings and branches, I highly recommend reading this post here in Insider Hub
As always – thank you for being Windows Insiders and make sure to send us feedback on any issues you run into with these builds in the Windows Feedback app