I am not saying it is true or not, there really needs to be a reliable 3rd party test that both zdnet & forbes contributors would agree with. To me it just looks like contributors disagreeing with each other. Then Microsoft pops in and says they are going to have tool to disable it-which may only apply to the enterprise versions.
Those thinking some of this is paranoia, might want to checkout these program if repeated but I haven't seen that pbs program
Next Week: How Silicon Valley Feeds the NSAs Global Dragnet | FRONTLINE
Here is another program as well if repeated
Denver Airport Bunker, NSA Data Center, White Sands Mysteries: America Declassified: Travel Channel
On the travel channel show it does sound a little creepy but that just to get you to watch it. I will say it interesting on how it is done. Don't think your safer using Linux especially if you use the internet.
The argument for telemetry is that the data collected is used by MS to spot bugs, security holes and to assess the integration of applications and programs with the OS. Considering that 80% of the MS customer base are Enterprise users, why can they turn most of it off ? Seems to me it should be the other way around. What is it about that 20% ?
I didn't read the article because I only want to read what is backed up with proven fact. This is my thoughts on the matter. When I'm using the released version of Windows 10 I would like to have control of what I do and do not share with MS or anyone. When I'm on the Insider Preview I want to share info (except for personal) with MS to help them to make Windows 10 better. MS may not want any of my personal info but if they were to get hacked. What info do they have stored about me that a hacker could benefit from. Besides that by allowing them to do this it opens the door for other forms of privacy invasions.
I said the matter, as in my info being sent out without my control. I didn't have to read the article to know how I feel about my privacy. I don't care if it's MS, NSA, CIA, Roswell, the man in moon or even the Martians, as long as what I do is legal it's nobodies business what I do on my computer. You don't care, that's your business. I do care about what I share