How to Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10
Some programs and features included with Windows, such as Internet Information Services, must be turned on before you can use them. Certain other features are turned on by default, but you can turn them off if you donít use them.
This tutorial will show you how to turn Windows features on or off for all users in Windows 10.
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn Windows features on or off.
Turning off a feature doesn't uninstall it from your PC or reduce the amount of hard drive space used by it. After you turn off a feature, you can turn it back on at any time.
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Programs and Features icon.
2. Click/tap on the Turn Windows features on or off link on the left side. (see screenshot below)
This will open the C:\Windows\System32\OptionalFeatures.exe file.
3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
4. Turn on (check) or off (uncheck) the Windows features you want, and click/tap on OK when finished. (see screenshot below)
Some Windows features are grouped together in folders, and some folders contain subfolders with additional features.
= Indicates that you have the feature for the main folder turned on, but not all of the features in it's subfolders are turned on.
= Indicates that a feature, or features for a main folder and all subfolders, are turned on.
5. You may be prompted by Windows to restart the computer to finish turning a feature on or off.