How to Reset and Clear Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10
InformationThe taskbar includes the Start button, buttons for currently running tasks, pinned apps, custom toolbars, the notification area, and the system clock. Toolbars include Address, Links, Bing Search (if installed), Desktop, and other custom toolbars created by the user or by an application.
This tutorial will show you how to reset and clear all toolbars from the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.
This can be handy if you are unable to remove a toolbar normally, or just want to quickly remove all toolbars at once.
NoteThe taskbar toolbars you add for your account are saved in the registry key location below.
The downloadable .bat file below will delete this Desktop key and restart explorer to reset and remove all your taskbar toolbars automatically.
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .bat file.
4. Run the .bat file.
5. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close, and then your desktop quickly flash as explorer is restarted to apply.
- How to Add Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10
- How to Remove Toolbars on the Taskbar in Windows 10
- How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10
- How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10
- How to Reset and Clear All Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows 10