How to Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10
InformationThe Recently added group on your Start menu shows the last new desktop app or Windows app from the Store installed.
Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the Recently added section has been updated so that it will now show 3 entries instead of just 1, and can be expanded to see the entire list of new apps.
This tutorial will show you how to remove apps from the Recently added apps group, and how to completely turn on or off the Recently added group on your Start menu in Windows 10.
- Option One: To Remove App from Recently added List in Start Menu
- Option Two: To Add or Remove Recently added Group on Start Menu
EXAMPLE: 'Recently added' apps group on Start Menu
OPTION ONETo Remove App from Recently added List in Start Menu
NoteThis option will let you remove an app from Recently added on your Start menu. Recently added will then show the previous last recently added app.
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Right click or press and hold on the listed app under Recently added, and click/tap on Remove from this list. (see screenshot below)
OPTION TWOTo Add or Remove Recently added Group on Start Menu
NoteThis option will let you completely add or remove the Recently added group on your Start menu.
1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on Personalization.
2. Click/tap on Start on the left side, and turn on (add - default) or off (remove) Show recently added apps on the right side. (see screenshot below)
3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
- How to Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10
- How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10
- How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu
I wasn't able to find the registry location. This "Show recently added apps" setting, as well as the "Choose which folders appear on Start" settings, is stored in "%LocalAppData%\TileDataLayer\Database\vedatamodel.edb".