How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Mail app in Windows 10
InformationWindows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between your email and calendar. Mail includes customizable Swipe Gestures, letting you swipe right or left to take actions like delete, flag, move or mark as read/unread. Also check out the new email authoring experience. Mail leverages the familiar and rich capability of Word to that allows you to easily insert tables, add pictures and use bullets and color to your text. The Mail app supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo!, IMAP, POP and other popular accounts.
An added account in Mail has folders such as the Inbox, Drafts, Junk, Sent (Sent Items), and Trash (Deleted Items) for your email messages. You can add or remove folders from Favorites under the account name to what you like.
This tutorial will show you how to add or remove folders from Favorites for each account in your Mail app in Windows 10.
TipTo create a new folder, you would need to sign in online to your email account (ex: Outlook), then create a new inbox folder there. Afterwards, it will sync with the Mail app.
Outlook.com tips - Outlook.com Help
EXAMPLE: Favorites in Mail app
1. Open the Mail app.
2. If you have more than one added email account, select the account (ex: Brink Outlook) you want to add or remove a folder in it's Favorites. (see screenshot below)
3. Do step 4 (add) or step 5 (remove) below for what you would like to do.
A) Click/tap on More. (see screenshot below)
B) Right click or press and hold on a folder (ex: Inbox) that doesn't have a star icon next to it, and click/tap on Add to Favorites. (see screenshot below)
A) Right click or press and hold on a folder (ex: Drafts) in Favorites that you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove from Favorites. (see screenshot below)
- How to Add or Delete Accounts in Mail app in Windows 10
- How to Rename Account in Mail app in Windows 10
- How to Change Background Picture of Mail app in Windows 10
- How to Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10