How to Change Background Picture of Mail app in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between your email and calendar. Mail includes customizable Swipe Gestures, letting you swipe right or left to take actions like delete, flag, move or mark as read/unread. Also check out the new email authoring experience. Mail leverages the familiar and rich capability of Word to that allows you to easily insert tables, add pictures and use bullets and color to your text. The new Mail app supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo!, IMAP, POP and other popular accounts.
The Mail app now has a customizable background picture that displays in the preview pane when a message is not selected to view.
This tutorial will show you how to change the background picture of your Mail app to any image you like in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Default Background Picture in Mail app
1. Open the Mail app.
2. Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Personalization in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)
3. Turn on or off to Fill entire window with your background picture. (see screenshot below)
If turned on, the left pane will have the background image included in it.
If turned off, the left pane will have the selected color as its background instead.
4. Do step 5 or step 6 below for how you would like to select the background picture.
5. Select one of the recent eight images to use, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)
The first box is to use a solid color
as your background. It will use a faded version of the color
your select at the top.
6. Click/tap on the Browse button. (see screenshot below)
A) Browse to and select a .bmp
, or .jpeg
file you want as the background picture, click/tap on Open
, and go to step 7
below. (see screenshot below)
7. The background picture will now be changed to the image you selected.