How to Clear your Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
InformationMicrosoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web.
Your browsing data is the information that Microsoft Edge remembers and stores on a PC as your browse the web. This includes info you've entered into forms, passwords, and sites you've visited, and it helps make your browsing experience better. If you're using a shared or public PC, you might not want Microsoft Edge to remember your browsing data.
This tutorial will show you how to delete your browsing data in Microsoft Edge for your user account in Windows 10.
NoteWhat gets deleted when you clear browsing data
Types of info
What gets deleted Browsing history The list of sites you've visited. Cookies and saved website data Info that sites store on your PC to remember your preferences, such as sign-in info or your location. Cached data and files Cache of saved webpage content of sites you've visited. Temporary internet files and website files. Download history The list of files you've downloaded from the web. This only deletes the list, not the actual files that you've downloaded. Form data Info that you've entered into forms, such as your email or a shipping address. Passwords Passwords that you've saved for sites.
1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.
2. Do step 3 (settings) or step 4 (History hub) below for how you would like to clear browsing data.
3. Click/tap on the More actions button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)
A) Click/tap on the Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on the Hub button on the toolbar, click/tap on the History button in the Hub, click/tap on the Clear all history link, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)
5. Check the items you want to clear, and click/tap on Clear button. (see screenshot below)
- How to Turn On or Off Clear Browsing Data on Exit of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to View Your Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
Tutorial has been updated for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10162.