How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10
InformationWindows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions. Search for places to get directions, business info, and reviews. Download maps to use when you’re offline. Tour the world virtually with aerial imagery and 360 degree street-level views. Plus, you get the same experience across all your Windows 10 PCs and phones.
If you would like to search for places and get directions in the Maps app even when you are not connected to the Internet, you should download maps for offline use.
This tutorial will show you how to download offline maps for all users to have available with the Maps app when offline in Windows 10.
1. Do step 2 (Settings) or step 3 (Maps app) for how you would like to download offline maps.
A) Open the Maps app.
B) Click/tap on the See more button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)
C) Click/tap on the Choose maps button under Offline maps, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on Offline maps on the left side, and click/tap on Download maps on the right side. (see screenshot below)
5. Select the regions for the map you want to download. (see screenshots below)
6. When finished downloading, the offline map (ex: Oklahoma, USA) will be listed under Maps for all users on the PC. (see screenshot below)
7. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
- How to Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10
- How to Check for Map Updates of Offline Maps in Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10