How to View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10
InformationA Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to devices.
When a PC creates a homegroup, the homegroup is protected with a password. To join a homegroup, you will need the homegroup password, which you can get from the PC that created the homegroup or any PC already joined to the homegroup.
This tutorial will show you how to view or print your homegroup password in Windows 10.
1. While on a homegroup PC, do step 2, step 3, or step 4 below for how you would like to view your homegroup password.
2. Open File Explorer, right click or press and hold on Homegroup in the navigation pane, click/tap on View the HomeGroup password, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)
3. Open File Explorer, click/tap on Homegroup in the navigation pane, click/tap on the HomeGroup tab above the ribbon, click/tap on View password, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)
4. Open the Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the Homegroup icon, click/tap on View or print the homegroup password, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)
5. You can now view and print your homegroup password. (see screenshot below)
- How to Create a Homegroup in Windows 10
- How to Join a Homegroup in Windows 10
- How to Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10