How to Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10
When password protected sharing is on, only people who have a user account and password on your computer can access shared files, printers attached to your computer, and the Public folders.
To give access to shared files to other people without an account and password on your computer, you must turn off password protected sharing.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off password protected sharing on your Windows 10 PC.
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off password protected sharing.
EXAMPLE: "Enter network credentials" prompt for password protected sharing
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
2. Click/tap on the Change advanced sharing settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)
3. Expand open the All Networks profile. (see screenshot below)
4. Select (dot) Turn on password protected sharing (default) or Turn off password protected sharing for what you want to do, and click/tap on Save changes. (see screenshot below)
5. When finished, you can close Network and Sharing Center if you like.