Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 17
    window 7 home prem
       2015-08-31 #50

    Hi is there a way to uninstall Movie & tv app in window10. For me window media player is easyer to work with and also friendly
    ....thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    2015-08-31 #51

    tray said: View Post
    Hi is there a way to uninstall Movie & tv app in window10. For me window media player is easyer to work with and also friendly
    ....thanks
    In a manner of speaking, yes:

    Close all running programs, open an instance of Windows PowerShell as Administrator, paste the following and press Enter:

    get-appxpackage *zunevideo* | remove-appxpackage

    when it's done, type exit and press Enter, restart Explorer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       2015-10-17 #52

    Hello,

    Win 10 Pro, build 10565 here, trying to run it as my main Operating System, since yesterday
    What I mean with this is that I am tweaking it as much as I can, I never use an MS account, and in general I am bringing it to my needs.

    Under this perspective I am using Option Two from this fine tutorial "To Remove Specific Windows Apps from Current Account in PowerShell". Well... hahaha... yesterday I've removed them, today it brought them back (installed them), again! I have not removed Windows Store, so perhaps they got updated? Who knows...

    What I would like to ask is this: - Is there a way to put the commands from Option Two of this tutorial in a batch file, so that I won't have to copy & paste them, one by one, in PowerShell each time?

    I do not want to use the general command someone gave in this thread which removes everything, or at least tries to, because one time that I have removed Windows Store I had to reinstall the OS again. I do not recall the exact reason right now but the Store should not be removed.

    And one last thing. They added some new Apps like that one called "Sway"? or something? I removed this using its full name. In my Settings/ Apps & Features, though, an App called Microsoft Wi-Fi appears. How can I remove this, please?

    This my main OS, with the programs I use regularly, and I do not need any of all these.

    Thank you!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,510
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       2015-10-17 #53

    Hello Joanne,

    Yes, you can save the commands you used in a .txt file, then rename the file extension of the .txt file to .ps1 instead. You can then right click on the .ps1 file, and click on "Run with PowerShell" as needed.

    You wouldn't want to remove the Store since you wouldn't have any way to install or update apps afterwards. It would cause issues to uninstall the Store. The general commands I have in this tutorial to uninstall all apps will not include uninstalling the Store to help.

    I'll look into the other new apps to see if I can find them, and update the tutorial if so.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10 x64 ver 1607 build 14393.187
       2015-10-17 #54

    Hi Joanne,

    I am on build 10565 as well on an old laptop I have revived ( I use 10240 RTM on my main lappy). I noticed the Sway app as well and haven't really had a look at it yet to decide if I wanted to keep it or not.

    I just ran Option Two as per Brink's tutorial and it is listed on my system as: Microsoft.Office.Sway_17.6314.20251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe so if you run the remove command it should work.

    Option 2 helped me with the Mail & Calendar app as it was crashing on me and after uninstalling by this method and reinstalling through the Store I finally got it to work again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       2015-10-18 #55

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Joanne,

    Yes, you can save the commands you used in a .txt file, then rename the file extension of the .txt file to .ps1 instead. You can then right click on the .ps1 file, and click on "Run with PowerShell" as needed.

    You wouldn't want to remove the Store since you wouldn't have any way to install or update apps afterwards. It would cause issues to uninstall the Store. The general commands I have in this tutorial to uninstall all apps will not include uninstalling the Store to help.

    I'll look into the other new apps to see if I can find them, and update the tutorial if so.
    Oooh! Thank you VERY much for this very useful tip with the batch file! I've tested it and it works, I suppose! I say "I suppose" because I have already removed all the Apps one by one so I don't have where to see if it actually works or not but it seemed to work! Very convenient way because I was removing them one by one...

    Looking forward to the updated tutorial then!

    And if I may suggest something, it would be very useful to add some tutorials on how to create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for "Sleep", "Restart" and "Shut Down" the computer. I use these to perform these actions by pressing one button on my keyboard. When it comes to Restart I press Ctrl-Alt-R. Pretty convenient!

    Note: If you wish, add the suggestion to create a folder called _hotkeys, in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\_hotkeys
    so that the user will be able to hide the shortcuts.

    Delibrythe, thank you, I have already removed "Sway" using the method you suggest, as I say in my previous post.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,510
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       2015-10-18 #56

    Joanne said: View Post
    Oooh! Thank you VERY much for this very useful tip with the batch file! I've tested it and it works, I suppose! I say "I suppose" because I have already removed all the Apps one by one so I don't have where to see if it actually works or not but it seemed to work! Very convenient way because I was removing them one by one...

    Looking forward to the updated tutorial then!

    And if I may suggest something, it would be very useful to add some tutorials on how to create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for "Sleep", "Restart" and "Shut Down" the computer. I use these to perform these actions by pressing one button on my keyboard. When it comes to Restart I press Ctrl-Alt-R. Pretty convenient!

    Note: If you wish, add the suggestion to create a folder called _hotkeys, in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\_hotkeys
    so that the user will be able to hide the shortcuts.

    Delibrythe, thank you, I have already removed "Sway" using the method you suggest, as I say in my previous post.
    The tutorial has all the new apps in it except "Microsoft Wi-Fi". It doesn't appear to be listed other than to manually uninstall it in Settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 402
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP
       2015-10-19 #57

    Brink said: View Post
    The tutorial has all the new apps in it except "Microsoft Wi-Fi". It doesn't appear to be listed other than to manually uninstall it in Settings.
    Thank you very much! From now on I will create and use the batch file
    I did not have from where to test if it actually works, since all the Apps I do not need are already removed manually, but I'm sure it will work and anyway, soon I will have the chance to try it!

    Thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 242
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       2015-10-19 #58

    I used to do this but those apps do not cause any issues. I just stop them from running in the background. I never use any of them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,510
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14971
       2015-10-19 #59

    Joanne said: View Post
    Thank you very much! From now on I will create and use the batch file
    I did not have from where to test if it actually works, since all the Apps I do not need are already removed manually, but I'm sure it will work and anyway, soon I will have the chance to try it!

    Thank you.
    You're most welcome Joanne.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Solved How to uninstall Apps using Powershell
Many of the Universal Apps cannot be uninstalled because the button is inactive (grayed out). This might be 'by design' for the Technical Preview since Microsoft wants users to test the Apps. The preferred method is to use the uninstall button...
Customization
Uninstall Windows 10
How do I uninstall Windows 1o and re-install windows 7 from Disk?
Installation and Setup
possible partition damage after Windows 10 uninstall?
I have no idea why (at least I think I have partitions) that either have been not fully been removed by Windows 10 and now it is damaging my Windows 8.1 install ..am I thinking this is correct, and if it is, how can i fix this? Matt
Installation and Setup
Solved How do I uninstall the Windows 10 upgrade option?
I installed the upgrade option on Windows 8. How do I uninstall it. 12822
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums